Coordinator, Awards Events
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 93 million streaming members in over 190 countries. With continued international expansion, and increased acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix. This is a chance to be on the ground floor of all aspects that go into our awards events. You will have the opportunity to work with a team of experts across the awards landscape as well as innovators and established talents within the entertainment world.
The Awards Events Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the growing awards team and working cross functionally within various departments at Netflix on behalf of all awards events.Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to: assisting in scheduling and coordinating meetings and calls, coordinating creative assets requests and deliveries, helping to staff awards events, organizing awards screenings, liaise with agencies for awards events production, creating and maintaining lists and RSVP, assist with awards show tables/ seating.staffing, organize documents and databases in the department's google drive, preparing and updating events decks, managing correspondence between agencies, internal teams, and interfacing with filmmakers and talent reps.
The successful candidate is:
• Meticulous about details, large and small
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up without being prompted
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find solutions
• Able to troubleshoot problems but also knows when to ask for help
• A sound thinker who can maturely approach challenges and obstacles
• Prepared to commit to working long hours and weekends during periods of heavy awards activity
• Personally organized and able to implement and create organizational systems for the awards events team
• Able to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities under deadlines and pressure
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team
• Creative and has the ability to think innovatively
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team
• Effective in dealing with events agencies, global PR agencies, executives, as well as counterparts on the events & awards teams
• Concise and direct written and verbal communication skills
• Committed to a career path in events (emphasis on awards is a plus)
The successful candidate for Coordinator, Awards Events will have at least two to three years of entertainment experience either in a studio, network or agency setting. Ideally, they will have previously worked in events (awards experience is a plus) in some capacity. Being personally passionate about events, awards and entertainment is a must.