Coordinator, Animation Development Production
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day production workflow for development leadership, writers, showrunners, artistic management, artists.
• Takes notes during writers meetings and story meetings and distributes information to the team afterwards.
• Ensure that notes are accurately transcribed, saved in the appropriate format and distributed.
• Generate scripts for recording sessions (record drafts), conform script to edited dialogue, locked animatic, and locked picture.
• Responsible for proofreading and distributing all premises, outlines, script drafts and revisions.
• Tracks scratch, pickup lines and catalogues premises, outlines and script submissions.
• Stays abreast of notes, meetings and regularly elevates information appropriately to key leadership.
• Updates and organizes files and database of all premises, outlines and drafts of each script, including submissions.
• Distribute and update the weekly script status report and coordinate the writing schedule; give update at regular production meeting. Ensure that notes are received in a timely manner.
• Assists in all evolving support needs (i.e. calendar booking, updating schedules and documents, timecard processing, reviews, expense reports, scheduling and planning career development and continued training for production and artists, overtime, weekend work, meals).
• Manages day-to-day data inputs and extractions.
• Assists with maintaining deadlines & inventory, ensuring departmental productivity goals are consistently met. Understands the department and works to maintain the department schedule.
• Performs artist check-ins to determine status of the work in the department. Effectively communicates with artists regarding timelines. Directs employees in prioritizing tasks when necessary. Provides communications to the crew via email, one-on-one meetings and any crew meetings. Stays abreast of issues on the floor and elevates information appropriately.
• Able to navigate the intranet and asset browser. Able to pull up artwork, in any form,, and manages technical issues during rounds and approvals. Learns the necessary computer programs and network directory system.
• Supports studio and production directives.
Proficiency in: Final Draft, Microsoft Word and Excel, Gmail and knowledge of production tracking
Knowledge of Linux, Maya, Shotgun, Flix, Photoshop, Storybook Pro, is a plus.
Ability to work with partner studios.
Ability to multitask in a fast-paced production environment.
Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
4 years of previous Feature and or Series Animation Story/Art experience required.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.