Content Marketing Manager - Japan
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix. The Asia region is a critical piece of our international expansion. People are discovering Netflix every day across Asia, and we want our content to be relevant and irresistible. Finding the perfect strategic and creative mix of entertainment, brand messaging and product experience is key to unlocking waves of new consumer for us in Japan.
The Content Marketing function at Netflix is responsible for bridging our Content and our Global Marketing into the Japan market.
The Content Marketing Manager will report to the Content Marketing Director - Japan & APAC who is based in Los Angeles, but be based in our Tokyo HQ.
Working closely with the Japan Marketing and PR team, this role will be responsible for managing Content Strategy and Campaign Management. You will help vet, analyze and prioritize which Local shows in Japan will grow our business domestically, and you will also support the strategy and creative campaign development of our Global Originals, working in close partnership with your LA-based teammates .
You will be critical in leading cross-functional collaboration with our Regional partners such as Marketing & Social, Brand & Editorial, PR, Programmatic, Partner Marketing, Marketing Planning & Analysis, and Content Planning & Analysis, Consumer Insights (based in Tokyo, and Los Angeles).
• Long-Term Planning - you will assess opportunities for Japan and identify the titles that would resonate in the markets through partnering with Content and Consumer Insights, and use data analysis and other available information sources.
• Japan Campaign Lead on Global Originals - you will be responsible for providing Japan's perspective and needs during global campaign planning, collecting the local team's POV and channeling back to your Content Marketing teammates on the ground in LA.
• Campaign Development & Project Management - you will support the local campaign development workflow and mobilize thelocal cross-functional teams to meet campaign goals and planning benchmarks.
• Marketing Strategy - you will partner with the local Marketing and Brand & Editorial teams, to define the strategies for the launch of Netflix Original series and films in Japan, as well as the local licensed and original titles.
• Communication Tools - you will build, maintain, and evolve key communication and strategy tools necessary for our cross functional teams to stay informed on title and campaign planning.
Who are you?
• A natural team captain, you can lead cross-functional discussions, articulate Regional needs to the Global teams, and drive marketing campaign alignment.
• Deeply embedded in local market and consumer insights as well as the local entertainment industry.
• You love entertainment and consuming ridiculous amounts of content - TV & Film, and understand the entertainment landscape and media trends both in Japan and across the world.
• Highly informed about local Japan entertainment business, titles and talent. Demonstrated understanding and marketing experience preferred in Global and Local TV Series & Films, Anime, Kids & Family.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and demonstrate strong judgment and a solution-driven mindset. Multi-tasker, but with clear time management and prioritization skills.
• You are passionate, curious and open to candid feedback about your performance and seek any constructive real-time points as a great way to grow.
• You are a thought-leader with a fascination in brand-building with a strong and well-informed point of view to critically analyze the latest social media trends and tactics to help grow earned media in Asia.
• A doer: an entrepreneurial and self-motivated collaborator in a fast paced and multifaceted environment who is capable of being impactful without the support of a large team of direct reports. This person is able to work both independently and in close collaboration with a wide array of stakeholders.
• A selfless, collaborative Marketing professional who will naturally go beyond roles and titles to get great work done.
• At least 7 years of experience in building strategic and creative consumer marketing campaigns, preferably with a background in entertainment (TV and/or film) or worked at a top innovative brand, advertising or media agency with an emphasis on Content Marketing or Social Media.
• A strong sense of analytical, strategic, problem-solving, and organizational skills -- always biased to action with a high level of social EQ.
• A proactive, entrepreneurial state of mind, who works fast, collaboratively and effectively, with a highly-aligned and loosely coupled team.
• A mastery of verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills to lead meetings, manage workflow and provide cultural or regions-specific insights.
• An editorial perspective on building a brand's social presence with an accessible tone of voice.
• An ability to manage 20 projects simultaneously and adapt in a dynamic environment.
• A working understanding of digital advertising (mobile, paid social, display, VOD) with a strong grasp of traditional (OOH, TV, press) and social media platforms.
• Experience working across Japan and USA.
• Fluency/proficiency in English and Japanese.
• Proficiency in Google and MS Office, including: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Meet, Google Docs, Google Groups, MS Word/Excel is a plus.
With 130 million streaming members worldwide, Netflix has been on the leading edge of a deep transformation in the entertainment business. Powered by a work culture focused on high performance and continuous improvement, the company is the world's biggest Internet television network, present in more than 190 countries.
We offer great TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages that push the boundaries of storytelling and delight members of all ages and tastes around the world. As we grow our business and teams, we seek talent from a wide range of backgrounds that reflect the global nature of our members. It takes diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to create a truly global business.
The Netflix culture is unique and attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and intellectual curiosity. Read our culture memo to learn what it's like working for Netflix. To excel in this environment, you must be independently minded, have impeccable creative taste, and a strong instinct for stories that will get consumers talking about Netflix and our shows more passionately and frequently than ever before.