Content Marketing Manager - EMEA
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to be joining the expanding Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Netflix has grown to over 125 million members in over 190 countries -- with the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region as a critical piece of our international expansion. People are discovering Netflix every day in EMEA.
The Netflix culture is unique and attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and intellectual curiosity. Read our culture memo to learn what it's like working for Netflix. To excel in this environment, you must be independently minded, have impeccable creative taste, and a strong instinct for stories that will get consumers talking about Netflix and our shows more passionately and frequently than ever before.
The EMEA Content Marketing Manager will work from the Amsterdam office and report into the EMEA Content Marketing, Senior Manager based in Los Angeles. Working closely with the EMEA Marketing teams, this role will facilitate creating breakthrough campaigns for our vast catalog of Global Original titles alongside cross-functional partners, such as Brand & Editorial, PR, Programmatic, Partner Marketing, Marketing Planning & Analysis, and Content Planning & Analysis (based in Amsterdam, London, and Los Angeles).
Who are you?
• A natural team captain, you can lead cross-functional discussions, articulate Regional needs to the Global teams, and drive marketing campaign alignment.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and demonstrate strong judgment and a solution-driven mindset.
• You are passionate, curious and open to candid feedback about your performance and seek any constructive real-time points as a great way to grow.
• You love entertainment and consuming ridiculous amounts of content - TV & Film - and have some knowledge of the entertainment landscape and media trends both in EMEA and across the world.
• You are a thought-leader with a fascination in brand-building with a strong and well-informed point of view to critically analyze the latest social media trends and tactics to help grow earned media in EMEA.
• Pan-EMEA Campaign Lead - you will be responsible for providing EMEA's perspective and needs during global campaign planning.
• Campaign Development & Project Management - you will kick-off the regional campaign development workflow and lead, mobilize, and align with local cross-functional teams to meet campaign goals and planning benchmarks.
• Marketing Strategy - you will partner with the local teams, especially the Marketing and Brand & Editorial teams, to define the strategies for the launch of Netflix Original series and films in EMEA.
• Social Media Native - you will have a passion for continuously gathering social media sentiment and live in Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and beyond with an astute understanding of what it takes to earn people's attention.
• Operations Knowledge - you will have a working understanding of offline and online production and social community management in order to facilitate more tactical campaign delivery needs with the regional integrated producers in the production and deployment of the marketing campaigns.
• Long-Term Planning - you will assess opportunities for EMEA and identify the titles that would resonate in the markets through partnering with Content and Consumer Insights, and use data analysis and other available information sources.
A Stunning Candidate Has:
• At least 7 years of experience in building strategic and creative consumer marketing campaigns, preferably with a background in entertainment (TV and/or film) or worked at a top innovative brand, advertising or media agency with an emphasis on Content Marketing or Social Media
• A strong sense of analytical, strategic, problem-solving, and organizational skills -- always biased to action with a high level of social EQ
• A proactive, entrepreneurial state of mind, who works fast, collaboratively and effectively, with a highly-aligned and loosely coupled team
• A mastery of verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills to lead meetings, manage workflow and provide cultural or regions-specific insights
• An editorial perspective on building a brand's social presence with an accessible tone of voice
• An ability to manage 20 projects simultaneously and adapt in a dynamic environment
• A working understanding of digital advertising (mobile, paid social, display, VOD) with a strong grasp of traditional (OOH, TV, press) and social media platforms
• Experience working with or in EMEA countries a plus
• Fluency/proficiency in English; fluency in other languages are a plus (e.g. Spanish, French, Italian, German)
If this sounds like you, Netflix could be the place for you!