Content Marketing Manager - EMEA
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to be joining the expanding Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Netflix has grown to over 117 million members in over 190 countries with the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region a critical piece of our international expansion. People are discovering Netflix every day in EMEA and we want to speak to everyone in a very unique way to create so much joy that they love our content. Netflix is leading the way in developing amazing Original series, movies, documentaries and all types of content for all audiences to enjoy.
The Content Marketing Manager will report to the EMEA Content Marketing Senior Manager - EMEA and will help create breakthrough campaigns for the region for our vast catalog of Global Originals titles. The LA-based EMEA manager will have close interaction with the EMEA cross-functional local market teams, such as Marketing, Social, Publicity, Programmatic, Content, Partner Marketing, Marketing Planning & Analysis, and Content Planning & Analysis (based in Amsterdam, London, and Los Angeles).
Who are you?
• You are a natural team leader with an ability to build strategic foundations, conceptualize campaign approaches and articulate the needs for the region to the Global teams.
• A natural team captain, you will lead the cross functional discussions and alignment for the marketing campaigns.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and demonstrate strong judgment and solution-driven skills.
• You are passionate, curious and open to candid feedback about your performance and see any constructive real-time point as a great way to grow.
• You love entertainment and consuming content - TV and film - and have some knowledge of the entertainment landscape and media trends both in EMEA and across the world.
• Marketing Strategy - you will partner with the local cross-functional teams, especially the Marketing & Social teams, to define the strategies for the launch of Netflix Originals series, movies, documentaries, comedy specials, etc., in EMEA.
• Creative Campaign - you will kick-off the regional campaign planning to guide the creative workflow and align with local marketing teams and cross-functional teams on goals for the campaigns. You will be responsible for bringing the regional perspective in conversations with Global teams, identifying opportunities, strategic positioning and creative directions to assure the global campaign development aligns with EMEA's regional needs.
• Campaign Management - project management of campaign cross-functional initiatives including (but not limited to) leading, organizing, mobilizing and planning brainstorm sessions.
• EMEA Title Lead - work cross functionally with peers in Global Creative, Content, PR, Social, Publicity and Partner Marketing to ensure campaign message is consistent across multiple platforms and channels.
• Production - working understanding of offline and online production in order to facilitate more tactical campaign delivery needs with the regional integrated producers in the production and deployment of the marketing campaign.
• Long Term Planning - assess opportunities for the region and identify the titles that would resonate in the markets through partnerships with Content, Consumer Insights team, data analysis and other available information sources within the organization.
• At least 5 years of experience in building strategic and creative consumer marketing campaigns, preferably with a background in entertainment (TV and/or film) or at a top innovative brand, advertising or media agency with an emphasis on Content Marketing
• Natural team leadership skills with the ability to conceptualize and articulate a marketing strategy on a consistent basis.
• Demonstrate mastery of verbal and written communication and presentation skills to lead meetings and manage workflow with many internal and external partners.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple campaigns while providing input on creative development from an EMEA market perspective
• Working understanding of digital advertising (direct video, mobile, paid social, display, rich media, VOD) with strong grasp of traditional media as well: OOH, stunts/activations, print, etc.
• A proactive self-starter that works collaboratively and effectively as part of a highly-aligned but loosely coupled team and can readily adapt in a dynamic environment
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, strategic, problem solving, influential, organizational, biased to action, and conflict resolution skills with a high level of social EQ
• Experience working with or in EMEA countries a plus
• Fluency/proficiency in foreign languages (e.g. Spanish, French, Italian, German) a plus