Consumer PR Manager - Korea
Full Time Job
It's not everyday there's an opportunity to join a company that is changing consumer habits all over the world, and challenging an entire industry at the same time. We're looking for a creative storyteller who loves entertainment and is motivated by the desire to connect people through amazing television and film from around the world.
The Consumer & Brand PR Manager will have a strong understanding of the consumer and media landscape across Korea and will lead, formulate, execute, and sustain the Consumer PR strategy for Netflix building and driving the Netflix brand perception in Korea making use of multiple earned media channels, including broadcast, print, and digital outlets.
Working with agency partners, this professional will be critical in driving conversation and earned media around Netflix as an entertainment lifestyle brand. Working closely with the Publicity, Marketing and Editorial teams, this person will help build integrated 360 brand campaigns. The role has strong cross functional interaction with teams both in the Americas, Europe and Asia with a high level of visibility and impact within the business.
An understanding of the intersection between PR and Social Media within the digital landscape is key.
In addition, the Manager must:
• Have experience working on global teams and managing brand building campaigns in Korea
• Love brands, appreciate a good brief and understand what to do with a genuine insight
• Understand how to build and maintain relationships with key journalists and different kinds of influencers on behalf of Netflix
• Be fluent in social media and marketing in order to partner effectively with these groups on campaigns and provide insight to different internal local teams on potential PR opportunities around Content Marketing initiatives
• Be capable of serving as a company spokesperson among press
• Be confident and creative in their writing, capable of crafting everything from executive messaging to consumer facing newsletters, press releases and everything in between
• Really loves entertainment... being a TV, movie or Netflix junkie is even better
• Be able to thrive in our dynamic culture of Freedom & Responsibility
• Have minimum 10 years of experience in an in-house and/or agency setting used to working in a fast paced and ever changing environment. Experience working at or with an agency is a must.
• Of particular interest are candidates with broad knowledge of TV/film, entertainment, pop culture, lifestyle trends, etc.