Consumer Insights Manager - Ads
NetflixNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/24/2023 2:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Consumer Insights Manager - Ads jobs in New York-NY
Search all Consumer Insights Manager - Ads postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, Los Gatos, Los Angeles
Netflix is one of the world's leading streaming entertainment services with 231 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
In April 2022, we announced that we are creating a new lower-priced, ad-supported tier for our customers. We are now working toward providing more choices for consumers and a premium, better-than-linear TV brand experience for advertisers. That said, we are looking for the founding members who will be instrumental in shaping this new business area for Netflix!
The Ads Consumer Insights team is part of our broader Data & Insights organization. We work cross-functionally with partners in Data Science, Design, Engineering, Product, Finance, and Ad Sales to optimize user acquisition and influence the long-term strategy for the ads experience on Netflix.
The Ads Consumer Insights Manager will lead a talented team of senior researchers who are working to deeply understand the needs of ads tier members and advertisers to enhance the member experience, improve the business and inspire future innovation in this fast-moving 0-1 space. This will require an exceptional ability to connect the dots across disparate areas and reconcile competing objectives to deliver guidance to team members and business partners alike. This team has a particularly strong global focus, so an international mindset is paramount.
In this role, you will:
• Build bridges across the organization to understand the business deeply. Bring context back to your team and infuse it into their work. Elevate the voice of the customer into a culture that thrives on consumer understanding.
• Partner with the Ads Measurement (Ads Sales Research) team that is providing marketplace positioning and storytelling and data & insights to Sales to close and renew deals (which is distinct from the Ads CI team that is focused on understanding consumers and advertisers to help drive the (ads) product development process).
• Provide inspiring vision and leadership for your team to set priorities, scale for growth and elevate the team's overall impact.
• Synthesize insights across multiple sources (quant, qual, behavioral, secondary, etc.) into a clear and concise story without getting caught up in analysis paralysis.
• Boldly bring the voice of the consumer into the room in a way that has a direct and immediate impact on the business, even when your points are controversial. You're not intimidated to bring edgy and controversial perspectives.
• Thrive on wanting to know why consumers act and feel the way they do, love sharing this understanding with others, and be known for accurately predicting consumer behavior and reaction.
• You're comfortable rolling up your sleeves to write the occasional questionnaire or discussion guide and add value-adding input at the brief stage.
• 10 years of experience in UX Research or Consumer Insights on the client and/or agency side. You will have hands-on expertise and a passion for research and product innovation.
• 5 years of leadership experience, managing, inspiring teams, and fostering cross-functional relationships across the business.
• Experience leading an inclusive team and hiring unique and diverse talent.
• Deep knowledge of the advertising and ad tech industries. Experience or interest in ad tech, B2B research preferred.
• Strong business acumen, including an understanding of industry trends
• Strong communicator with a bias toward action to proactively collaborate with multiple teams across the company.
• Track record as a strategic thought leader and contributing to the profitable top-line growth of a consumer-focused company
• Some life or work experience gained outside of North America is a plus.
• Experience in a culture that utilizes big data and AB testing is a plus.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $210,000 - $710,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.