Child Labor Coordinator
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's a thrilling time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. With over 130 million subscribers and edgy, original programming, working at Netflix is more exciting than ever. Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more about our unique Netflix culture as well as the milestones we will achieve in the future.
Netflix is seeking a Child Labor Coordinator to be part of the Production Immigration & Diligence team within Employment Legal. Our team supports all production, PR, and marketing needs with regard to child labor law compliance, court approvals for child performer contracts, diligence requirements, and global immigration matters. The successful candidate will have some prior experience in a legal and/or entertainment setting, and will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative.
• Creating, updating and maintaining databases on applicable US federal, state, and international child labor laws.
• Conducting research with regards to child labor requirements and court approval processes both domestically and abroad.
• Monitoring required submissions to governing agencies and collecting required employer and child performer permits.
• Compiling production data and necessary documents for the filing of petitions for court approvals of child performer agreements.
• Preparation of required court pleadings based on approved forms.
• Facilitating and helping manage our court approval process, including tracking and monitoring of document signatures, filing of pleadings, and necessary hearings
• Creating and maintaining status logs of court approvals to help keep all teams aligned; and keeping a constant flow of communication with production partners and internal stakeholders.
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned.
To be successful:
• You've done this before. Meaningful experience with child labor regulations and/or court approvals, preferably at a network/studio or production company.
• You have experience researching international laws and policies--a plus but not required.
• You regularly exercise great judgment and can articulate sound reasoning for your decisions.
• You have strong attention to detail and an ability to work well with changing information.
• You possess a high level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines.
• You are effective and concise in your communications and have strong interpersonal skills.
• You are a team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
• You are resourceful and take initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving.
• You are able to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes.