Casting Administration Associate, Original Film
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 100 million subscribers, edgy original shows and movies, and breakfast burrito Wednesdays, working at Netflix today is more exciting than ever. People around the globe, in over 190 countries, are eagerly awaiting our next gripping show to watch, next film to open their horizons and next comedy special to leave them in stitches. Pivoting from our DVD-mailing origins, we continue to expand our studio, original productions and online entertainment experience. Our evolution is a prime example of the bold innovation that goes on within our offices. If you're ready for the challenges and rewards of working at Netflix, then read on!
The Casting Administration Team at Netflix is seeking an experienced professional with extensive industry experience to handle studio casting administration for our original feature films. This is a first-of-its-kind role at Netflix in terms of supporting the Original Film Team, and will require collaborative, cross-functional partnerships across different parts of the company.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for content to thrive in an environment of freedom and responsibility.
The Casting Administration Associate will be responsible for creating and owning a Casting Administration workflow at Netflix for our Original Film group. This will entail coordinating with casting, physical production, post-production, business & legal affairs, contract administration, credits and other internal and external teams during pre-production, production, and post-production in connection with the engagement and crediting of performers, including actors, stunt performers and singers.
will also include:
• primary/initial point of contact between Netflix and talent agents and attorneys with respect to non-Schedule F actor contracts;
• draft all non-Schedule F actor contracts and send them to the production office and/or the actor's representative(s) for signature;
• work with production attorneys to prepare and negotiate riders to such agreements as necessary; responsible for ensuring agreements are signed and processed in accordance w/ Netflix policies.
• working with other groups, including Studio Engineering, to help develop a Casting Administration internal database/website to ensure project, performer and agent information is complete, including contact information, deal points, credit, role, etc.
• creating and updating forms and templates to improve the efficiency of teams;
• reviewing project-specific cast contracts to ensure accuracy of contracts, signature, and payments for original films;
• advising post production on cast contract requirements when moving, splitting, and deleting scenes, and ADR payments
• advising and educating producers, casting, production, finance, post-production and production legal (in-house and external) of the requirements under the SAG-AFTRA (and/or other performer unions) contracts.
• Review all Looping deal memos received from the post supervisor and/or loop group assigned to the project to ensure compliance with Netflix policies and SAG rules; draft, review and obtain signatures of all Looping contracts, and enable access to signed agreements to all internal stakeholders.
• At least 5 years of directly relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
• Knowledge of SAG-AFTRA Collective Bargaining Agreements, especially the Theatrical Agreement.
• Prior experience working with G Suite and Google Sheets preferred.
• BA/BS preferred.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
• Clear and concise interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across functions, think practically and be solution-oriented;
• Ability to respond positively to change and be respectful of new ideas;
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise;
• Ability to embrace and advocate cultural diversity;
• Flexible, innovative, and solution driven team player; and
• A great sense of humor.