Brand PR Manager - U.S. Hispanic
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's an amazing time to join the Netflix PR team as we continue to transform entertainment. Over the past few years, we have moved from being a distributor to a programmer; from being a domestic tech company to a global leader in the entertainment landscape, and from a brand that markets price value to one that talks about the joy of watching. If you are a passionate, creative storyteller who is not afraid of a challenge, keep reading!
The U.S. Hispanic Brand PR Manager will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping formulate, execute, and sustain regional media strategies for Netflix. This leader will play a critical role in developing press stories, narratives, and campaigns around how Netflix is transforming entertainment focused on the U.S. Hispanic consumer.
The brand PR team develops ideas and strategies for the local region and implement strategies developed by our global team. This role requires a strategic mind that can take data and insights to create meaningful PR campaigns and the ability to work in a fast-changing, highly competitive global media landscape. The role will also work closely with our social media, tech PR, publicity and brand marketing teams as well as managing agency teams. Expertise creating campaigns that work across all disciplines, that are regionally sensitive and deliver on the brand promise is key.
The media manager must:
• Have experience managing PR media campaigns from strategy development through execution -- fluency in social media and marketing is important in order to partner effectively on campaigns.
• Have 8-10 years of experience in an in-house and/or agency setting used to working in a fast paced and ever changing environment. Experience working at or with an agency is preferred.
• Knowledge and deep understanding of the U.S. Hispanic media landscape and ability to develop campaigns specifically targeted to that consumer group.
• Understand how to build and maintain relationships with key journalists, social media press and different kinds of influencers, as well as the ability to pitch and secure coverage for stories.
• Be confident and creative in writing, capable of crafting everything from executive messaging to consumer facing newsletters, press releases and everything in between.
• Love brands, appreciate a good brief and understand what to do with a genuine insight
• Possess the ability to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts that translate to media.
• Have proven ability to be a nimble and creative problem-solver.
• Be capable of serving as a company spokesperson among press.
• Really love entertainment...broad knowledge of TV/film, entertainment, pop culture and lifestyle trends is expected and being a TV, movie or Netflix junkie is even better.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• Ability to think innovatively and connect the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight.
• Succinct communicator.
• Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Doesn't need to ''check with the agency'' on every issue or for every answer. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role,adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that. Does not need or desire big budgets for big results. Believes one great person on the team is more valuable than 3 to 5 OK people---and wants to be that great person.
• Has a Point of View - An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
The Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read the culture memo. If it resonates for you, maybe you're the right person to join our dream team.