Associate, Mp&A Budgeting & Forecasting
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
In this role, you will need to be a self-starter with strong understanding of financial principles. A successful candidate will be able to understand the marketing budget in the context of Netflix's broader P&L and business, manage complex work streams that involve multiple stakeholders, and build strong cross-functional relationships.
• Support near-term marketing expense forecasts by managing monthly forecast submission to Corporate FP&A
• Leverage expert understanding of the consolidated marketing budget to contribute to projects such as global budget allocations and long-term planning
• Manage high-level adherence to marketing budget by partnering with other MP&A teams and providing them context on the overall company P&L
• Develop insightful presentations to summarize trends and facilitate decision-making for CMO
• Drive transparency through improved reporting of marketing financials
• Become proficient in our third-party planning system (Anaplan), contribute to system enhancements and represent the Budgeting & Forecasting team's functional system requirements
• Engage, educate and assist key MP&A team marketing stakeholders in budget planning processes and tools
• Periodic travel to Netflix office located in Los Gatos, CA
• 4-6 years of relevant experience in FP&A, public accounting, corporate accounting or similar environments. Prior experience in FP&A is preferred.
• Highly analytical with a genuine enthusiasm for working with financial systems & data
• Strong talent for crafting and presenting data-driven analyses and insights to stakeholders of all levels and backgrounds.
• Ability to understand and articulate how the marketing budget fits into and is affected by the ''big picture'' of company's overall financials. Curious about Netflix business as a whole.
• Motivated and disciplined to work effectively autonomously
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and tolerate ambiguity and shifting requirements
• Highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Superior proficiency with Excel and data manipulation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Business, Economics, Accounting or related field
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 130 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
As Netflix grows its business, we are looking for an Associate to join the Marketing Planning & Analysis (MP&A) Budgeting & Forecasting team in our Los Angeles office. This position will focus on budgeting, reporting, systems ownership and special projects that relate to the overall marketing budget. Marketing leadership relies on the Budgeting & Forecasting team to accurately forecast expenses as well as inform important business decisions with actionable insights into expense trends. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
The key stakeholders for this role are the broader MP&A team, the Corporate FP&A team and Finance Operations. This position plays a key role in driving alignment around the marketing budget among these stakeholders.