Associate, Content Strategy and Analysis
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Associate, Content Strategy and Analysis, Spain & Latin America
The Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for an Associate to join its Latin America team. Content Strategy & Analysis is the team in charge of the valuation and analytical strategy behind our content buying and original content decisions. The team works cross-functionally to translate the incredible amount of data at Netflix into financial decisions regarding the production and acquisition of shows and films. Content Strategy & Analysis also evaluates the general programming and content strategy, in addition to leading competitive analysis. We partner closely with the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the strategic insights we provide to inform critical business decisions across the company.
This role will be focused on Netflix's Spanish & Latin American business, but will reside in our Hollywood office.
• The Associate position will work closely with both the Senior Manager and VP of Content Strategy & Analysis. The role will be an integral member of the Content Strategy & Analysis team and be responsible for providing support and analysis across the breadth of work provided by the team.
A sample of work could include:
• Preparing valuation analyses (model building, scenario testing etc.) to support our deal teams in their negotiations with the owners of digital content rights in Latin America and Spain.
• Conducting market research, tracking and compiling industry trends and competitive analysis in Latin America and Spain.
• Ownership of communications to support our budgeting and forecasting process, as well as monitoring and forecasting for key parts of the content business.
• Conducting analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators.
• Creating insightful presentations that summarize analysis and presenting them to groups of Netflix managers and executives to influence decision-making.
• Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement.
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• 2-5 years of experience in a top management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytical role. We are looking for candidates that have worked in a highly-demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed.
• Prior experience in Media/Entertainment is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
• Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese, as well as prior work experience in Latin America or Spain, is required
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including strong Excel skills.
• Familiarity with statistical concepts and analysis.
• Adept at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses.
• 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us. We also welcome individuals who plan to move on to business or graduate school after 2-3 years.
Netflix now operates in all countries around the globe (except China and those sanctioned by the US Government - North Korea, Syria and Crimea). With over 118 million members at the end of 2017, and a content budget of ~$8B in 2018, we continue to look for the best and brightest to lead the analytics that drive strategic business decisions.