Assistant Production Accountant
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 125 million streaming members in over 190 countries. It's a great time to join Netflix.
The Assistant Production Accountant position for Feature Film and Series Animation will be based in our Hollywood Office and be a key strategic partner with the Production Accountant in the execution of the production plans and show budgets that represent the creative vision of the film makers. They will be instrumental in maintaining accurate accounting records and adhering to accepted procedures for all production payments.
• Responsible for onboarding all cast and crew
• Process cast and crew payroll, accounts payable and all payments related to the production
• Communicate between production, vendors, employees, corporate accounting and unions
• Support Production Accountant as needed to maintain the accuracy of the production's general ledger
• Investigate and resolve open issues with payables, payroll, etc.
• Aid in Production Audits throughout the life of the production
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge of standard Accounting and Financial practices.
• Knowledge of CG and 2D Animation filmmaking processes
• Knowledge of accounting, production finance and spreadsheet applications required
• Experience with IATSE and SAG rules
• Strong communication and leadership skills