Administrative Assistant, Film and Series Communications
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced publicity admin assistant to support the Netflix Film and Series Communications team.
Do you live and breathe entertainment? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest films and TV shows across different platforms? Are you motivated by seeing your PR strategy have a direct impact on the overall business goals? Do you want to help tell the story of Netflix Films and Series? Do you enjoy shaping communications strategy and messaging? If this resonates, then the opportunity to join our communications team could be the job for you!
It's the chance to be on the ground floor with a team that handles films and series for the online leader, changing the perception of original films and series and how they should be enjoyed and celebrated. It's a chance to be fearless and unconventional, try new things and lean into the unknown. It's an opportunity where you actually get to experience the direct impact your work has on the business.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 139 million paid members in over 190 countries.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities. They will need to have a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is able to exercise good judgment and significant initiative. An ideal candidate will have a passion for communications and understand the media landscape.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain calendars for the Film and Series Communications team, including scheduling meetings both internally and externally/booking large department events/meetings and offsites
• Keep media center updated with relevant information about upcoming films and series and assist with general queries / issues / troubleshooting/assigning press screeners as needed
• Main point of contact with internal media monitoring service and manage tracking list
• Compile press clips for titles as needed
• Assist in booking travel
• Order and manage magazines and newspapers for department
• Update and manage press lists
• Assist with onboarding new hires
• Staff publicity events, premieres and talent interviews as needed
• Manage getting new vendors set up for payment
• Handle drive-ons for guests
• BA/BS Degree- 1-2 years as an executive assistant or assistant
• Prior experience supporting publicity/marketing executives (studio/entertainment/ad agency is preferred)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Google: Gmail, GCalendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Groups, MS Word/Excel
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Strong attention to detail
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Displays professionalism in communication with internal and external partners
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on their feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short time frames.
Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.