Accounts Payable Specialist
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time for Netflix with continued rapid expansion into original programming and around the world; it's a great time to join our team. As Netflix expands, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable professional to support our Corporate, Original Production and Marketing operations. This position will be based in our Los Angeles office and will report to the Sr. Accounts Payable Manager located in Los Angeles, CA. This position will also have direct accountability to the Director of Financial Operations located in Los Gatos, CA. This position will interact heavily with teams across our international offices and will require a flexible worker for the role.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, able to process a large volume of transactions with high accuracy, have excellent communication skills, be capable of multitasking and taking the initiative to drive process improvements.
• Perform Accounts Payable tasks related to Supplier Administration, Invoice Processing or Payments Processing, supporting Original Productions, Corporate functions, Marketing/PR, etc.
• Support monthly Accounts Payable close activities as needed (i.e. assisting with journal entries and reconciliations, assist the Accounting Team with close inquiries.)
• Review, analyze, and respond to external/internal supplier inquiries and perform supplier statement of account reconciliations
• Resolution of supplier invoicing and payment issues as needed
• Review payments for accuracy and banking requirements
• Work closely with the Financial Applications Team to troubleshoot all system issues related to the AP process
• Assist Business Partners with any inquiries
• Perform audit and support for Tax/Finance team
• Perform other duties and ad hoc projects
• Assist in driving the Accounts Payable process with improvements, ensuring the team can scale with the company's growth
• Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
• Able to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
• Customer Service oriented person who focuses on quality communication and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Excel and ERP systems (Workday experience a plus)
• Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
• Forward looking thinker who can articulate the need for and implement process improvements
• Understanding of SOX compliance rules and guidelines
• International indirect tax experience a plus
• Fluent in English, proficient in other languages such as written Japanese, Chinese and Korean and Brazilian Portuguese a plus.
Education and Experience:
• Accounting or Finance background
• 5 - 7 years of relevant experience
• Degree in relevant field of study
• Knowledge of cloud related ERPs systems a plus
• Entertainment Accounts Payable background (mid-size studio preferred)
As part of your application, please include a brief response to the below question:
What do you think are the top 3 attributes that make for a successful Accounts Payable professional? Please include your answer on your resume.