Analyst, Retail & Business Analytics
NBCUniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The ''Analyst'' will report directly to the Manager, Retail and Business Analytics for the business (Consumer Products and Retail Development), but also work closely with the Director of the group as needed. The primary focus of the role will be helping assist in the gathering and reconciliation of product UPCs. This analyst will also be responsible for managing the Master Data Workbook on a weekly basis through the consolidation of various internal and external resources. Additionally, this individual will also contribute to the daily analysis that informs retail insights and actionable decisions to the larger team. The Analyst will also provide retail analytics support with regards to the production and distribution of standard reports.
- Effective Project Management Skills
- Review, document and communicate UPC business requirements
- Provide weekly or daily updates as needed to the business
- Liaise with local stakeholders, retailers and IT team
- Master Data Workbook
- Collecting, managing and auditing licensee UPCs and SKUs to support internal validation
- Weekly data acquisition, processing and data cleansing
- Maintain manual data mapping of key attributes, ad hoc processing of retailer data if applicable, and production of manual reporting
- Manage retailer supplier systems (i.e. submit item shares and follow up with licensee approvals)
- Identify, consolidate and analyze data from multiple sources (Licensee POS/royalty statements, key retail account data, NPD, and etc.) to audit current UPC coverage
- Evaluation and analysis of existing licensees by major franchise for UPC compliance
- Lead ad hoc projects, as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Consumer Products and Retail experience
- Data management experience
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Familiarity with entertainment business models.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Extensive Microsoft Excel experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, effective with all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to translate disparate information into a concise and easily digestible format that can be used in brand/franchise/business plans.
- Strategic outlook with the ability to communicate and problem solve in a strategic manner and ''connect the dots.''
- Detailed and process oriented, results driven, and able to flourish in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation development and delivery.
- Ability to prioritize activities, manage timelines and deal effectively with pressure.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and operate autonomously.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and data graphically in an effective way.
- Ability to lead a project from inception to completion, formulating theses and managing work with minimal supervision.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to - a range of executive stakeholders.
Sub-Business: Film Brand Development
Career Level: Experienced
City: Universal City
Country: United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Job Code: 45860BR
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online