VP, Human Resources
NBC UniversalLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The VP Human Resources, Global TV Distribution will provide HR leadership for the Global TV Distribution and E! International Networks organizations and serve as a key strategic HR partner to the President and Chief Revenue Officer of Global TV Distribution and the EVP, Lifestyle Networks International. The VP Human Resources will maintain oversight for the core employee HR processes including compensation, performance management, talent management, employee relations and executive contract negotiations. The role will require working closely with executive leaders across the business, regional HR Leaders in EMEA, APAC and LATAM as well local and specialist HR teams. Partnership with the labor relations, employment law, and employee contracts departments is required.
The position requires global thinking and regional and local implementation. We are seeking someone with the experience and capability to adapt, interpret and deliver in partnership with senior leadership to achieve results and genuinely influence change.
You will be a valued member of the NBCUniversal Global Distribution & International HR Leadership Team and will manage a small team of HR partners in Los Angeles supporting the Global Distribution business. You'll also be required to manage junior HR professionals abroad in a matrixed environment.
include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with HR leadership from Global Distribution & International to be sure local HR strategy aligns with global business unit HR priorities.
• Provide both leadership and operational HR support for the business pulling in support from HR functional experts as required.
• Coach, develop, influence and challenge the management team on the execution of business priorities and on people leadership.
• Identify and translate key priorities and strategies into a deliverable framework for the HR team to execute.
• Focus on identification, selection, and retention of world-class talent to ensure a dynamic pipeline of talent, working closely with Talent Acquisition, international RPO and Executive Search functions.
• Provide leadership, direction and expertise for the full scope of Global Distribution HR functions including: employee relations, compensation, employee experience, engagement and organizational change.
• Manage the annual salary review process, benefits communication, performance management cycle, budgeting/headcount and talent review processes for Global Distribution.
• Serve as an employee advocate, balancing fair employment standards, NBCU policy and practice and business needs. In this capacity partnering closely with Employment Law and Compliance organizations.
• Diversity and inclusion is really important to us so, the role requires focus and strong support of programs, activities & solutions in collaboration with central Diversity & Inclusion teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Minimum 15 years professional level HR generalist experience working across a global landscape and proven ability to navigate cultural and regional nuances.
• Flexibility with operating in key time zones and travel.
• Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrates effective listening, probing and investigatory skills with the ability to synthesize data collected and identify the root problems/causes to reach issue resolution.
• Experience working in an intensive matrixed environment
• Ability to multi-task, learn, problem solve, prioritize and set and attain goals
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and with all levels in the organization
• Strong attention to detail and high work standards
• Proven ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgment
• Strong analytical skills
• HR transformation or organizational change experience
• Strong verbal and written communication.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Proven ability to operate collaboratively
• Ethical and strong integrity
• Experience working within the media industry, the competitive landscape and the focus areas for our businesses and therefore be excited and passionate about where we are heading and how we are evolving to stay ahead of any challenges.
• Experience supporting and working across a global landscape and be able to navigate the cultural and regional nuances Experience leading the smooth implementation of the full HR Lifecycle and have a very comfortable knowledge of local employment practices. Experience within the international landscape and awareness of key cultural nuances and legislation a plus.
• Ability to navigate through a complex and matrixed business and provide the appropriate partnership and support to Senior Stakeholders – whilst also working closely and collaboratively with HR peers.
• Excellent relationship and communication skills.
• Ability to drive change and demonstrate agility
• Passionate about enhancing the employee experience through the employee life cycle
• Focused on driving positive engagement and a motivating experience for your client groups.