Vice President, Human Resources - Technology
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Operations & Technology team at NBCUniversal is looking for a progressive, creative, high-energy HR leader for its global Technology organization. Reporting to the SVP of Human Resources, and working in partnership with the company's CIO, here you can shape the culture and people agenda as an HR Business Partner for a dynamic, global organization, delivering technology solutions for the businesses of NBCUniversal.
The NBCUniversal Technology organization is made up of over 1000 employees across all parts of the globe. With technology professionals across multiple disciplines including everything from software, product management, and network engineering, to cybersecurity, data analytics and end user support, our organization can bring the expertise, flexibility and scale necessary to develop, deliver, and support technology solutions that power and protect our theme parks, TV networks, film studios, news and sports programs, and the many other properties that make up NBCUniversal.
As the HR leader for the technology organization at NBCUniversal, you will fully own all human resources functions for our global workforce and, in partnership with the company's EVP & Chief Information Officer and the technology leadership team, craft and execute a people agenda that supports our company's technology strategy. This means:
• Understanding our technology and our business priorities to ensure the people strategy is well-aligned
• Finding, hiring, and retaining the best technology talent in the organization
• Developing our organization and our people so that they can grow and adapt to the changes in technology and our technology strategy
• Creating an organizational culture and environment where people want to work, want to collaborate, want to stay and want to perform at their best
• Coaching our leaders and our talent, offering honest feedback with the goal of improving our organization's capabilities
• Leading and developing a talented team of HR professionals and integrating in with the broader NBCUniversal HR community
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources of related field
• 10 years of professional HR experience
• Must be willing to work in multiple tristate locations including New York, NY, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, and Stamford, CT
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, including international travel
You might be the perfect fit for this role if you are an experienced HR business partner who understands technology and the unique needs of a technology workforce, who has led a team of HR professionals, and who has the HR expertise, business savvy, natural people instincts, and a 'roll-up-your-sleeves' style that is needed to develop and carry out an effective HR strategy across a large organization.