Summer Paid Intern - Film MusicMusic Publishing
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
The Film Music department oversees the selection and commissioning of film composers; the monetization, management, and publishing of the music created by those composers for our films; and the selection, clearance, and licensing of third-party/commercial music for Universal-produced films.
There will be one (1) Music Publishing PAID internship available for the Summer 2020 (June 1, 2020-August 7, 2020) semester in the Film Music department at Universal Pictures, located on the studio lot. This specialized internship will be dedicated to the Music Publishing area of the department, which is responsible for monetizing and managing the studio's film assets as it relates to film music, film score, theme songs, etc. by way of licensing to third parties. This internship is designed for students who are especially interested in learning more about Music Publishing.
• Must be familiar with basic music business procedures
• Following up on outstanding license requests/licenses/payments
• Updating our Access database which tracks all of our licenses and licensing activity
• Updating/maintaining database of music rights/copyrights
• Other research on an as-needed basis
• Must be computer-savvy
• Quick learner and must be a self-starter who is able to work independently
• Must be exceptionally detail-oriented
• Understanding of basic music publishing concepts strongly preferred
• Intern will also assist other areas of the department as needed
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Must be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
Deadline: Interested applications are encouraged to apply by February 14,2020
Summer Program Dates: June-August 2020
• Previous internship or work experience
Universal Pictures is a subsidiary of NBC Universal and creates and distributes theatrical and non-theatrical filmed entertainment. NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premier motion picture company, Universal Pictures.