Sr. Manager, Internal Digital Communications & Employer Branding
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Team Member Digital Communications & Social Media/Employer Branding Content is responsible for managing the strategy and creation of content that builds our communication and social media communities, ensuring clear, concise, and compelling communication that complements and extends across internal and external messaging. The Manager provides counsel to all levels of the business and to all departments across the organization on how best to deliver communication and social media messages and the recommended approach in reaching the target audience. The role reports to the VP of HR & Employee Engagement and works closely with HR partners and the Brand Marketing Team to ensure aligned goals and that a consistent Company voice is delivered.
• Oversee the content strategy for Team Member communication and social channels that provide relevant and important information in a timely and consistent manner to Theme Park hourly, Union Team Members and professional staff.
• Serve as Editor for all Team Member communication messaging including news articles, print publications, intranet, digital screens, promotional materials and Management talking points during Daily Shift Meetings.
• Develop, implement, schedule, and manage engaging and effective Team Member communication and social media campaigns, programs and strategy in collaboration with key clients (Staffing, Team Member Services, etc.) and in alignment of Company and business goals and objectives.
• Shape creative concepts and manage production of social media content, including writing copy and developing graphics, photos and video. Partner with internal resources such as Brand Marketing teams for collateral development.
• Work in concert with USH's Social Media team to monitor and connect with the Team Member community through real-time conversation.
• Develop innovative tactics (i.e. gamification, user interface enhancements) that ensure a positive user experience and high levels of engagement and ROI.
• Hands-on ownership of the company's presence on social media as it relates to Employer Branding. Act as a public voice for: owned social media channels, online review sites, and other external sites.
• Manage a team, including contractors and agencies, to ensure content aligns with Universal Studios Hollywood brand, yet engages audiences in new and unique ways.
• Lead a cross-functional team of Communication Ambassadors to maintain and enhance information distribution and establish best practices. Work closely with Ambassadors to acquire new content and story ideas that would benefit all Team Members across the business.
• Analyze performance and quantify the value of multiple communication channels and social content, demonstrating each pieces role in driving awareness and conversion.
• Monitor emerging sites and communication channels; recommend new initiatives based on these observations and points of knowledge. Create new and creative ways to use communication channels, social platforms and digital content to tell stories and build our audience.
• Act as a comprehensive support function to the Department for ad-hoc tasks and future organizational projects.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 5-7 years communications management required (Internal Communications experience strongly preferred)
• Minimum 3 years' experience as a social media strategist or social media manager
• Bachelors Degree Required (Graphic Design, Communication, Media, Marketing or related field).
• Excellent knowledge and proficiency in Mac OSX, Adobe Design Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, etc.), Microsoft Office and Acrobat.
• Online portfolio required with job application, including GIFs, infographics, communications and social media campaign work and/or photography.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of executives and management
• Vision and ability to translate messaging to multiple media (e.g. video, GIFs, cinemagraphs, infographics, photo)
• Have a deep understanding of both the experiential and analytical interpretation of the Team Member journey.
• Must be able to create fresh on-brand creative working within existing brand guidelines.
• Tech-savvy with a strong command of digital (interactive, multi-media) as well as traditional graphic design
• Strong attention-to-detail and project management skills.
• Friendly and positive demeanor; team player who enjoys interacting with people and has a demonstrated ability to work with internal and external clients building strong relationships.
• Proven ability to drive and successfully execute on strategic content objectives.