Spring Intern - NBC News
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
NBC News West Coast Internships – Spring 2019 (Universal City, CA)
NBC News is a leading source of global news and information operating for over 75 years. Every week, NBC News provides more than 30 hours of television news programming, including the top-rated ''NBC Nightly News'' ''TODAY,'' and ''Meet the Press'' programs. The continuously growing online presence of NBC News, NBC News Digital, includes NBCNews.com, msnbc.com, TODAY.com, NBC Latino, NBC BLK, social media and all of the network's digital initiatives. In addition to its leading news programs and wide range of digital platforms, the network's portfolio includes Peacock Productions, an award-winning in house production company. NBC News Channel is the network's liaison to over 200 affiliate stations across the country.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• TODAY Show
• Nightly News
may vary, but typically include:
• Assisting producers in logging interviews and pictures, fact checking, hunting down characters and experts, trolling for and clearing social media for photos and video for broadcast use, as well as sourcing and clearing mainstream photos and videos.
• When possible, interns are sent on assignments in the field. They could be assisting on shooting interviews, standups and/or live shots. Interns may need to act as a stand in reporter or producer while shooting interviews and producing in the field, and may need to keep an interview on course by themselves when assigned a story.
• NBC News Los Angeles operates seven days a week. Interns will be asked to work a variety of days during the week and also on weekends.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY BY NOVEMBER 2, 2018.
• Passion for news and storytelling.
• Strong multitasking skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures.
• Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs