Spring Intern - NBC Entertainment
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBC Entertainment develops and schedules the network's primetime, late-night, and daytime entertainment programming. NBC's quality programs and balanced line-up have earned the network critical acclaim, numerous awards and ratings success, including most recently winning the traditional September-to-May season in primetime's key demo, marking the network's third win in four years. NBC has earned more Emmy Awards than any network in television history.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Digital Business Development
• Digital Social Media Marketing
• Digital Production
• Digital Design
• Music Services
• Syndication Sales
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Casting: Interns will contribute to daily office duties including speaking with agents on the phone, working with casting database, editing, and occasionally assisting in auditions. Interns must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Digital Business Development: Interns will support the team with day to day department management. They will have the opportunity to assist with various reports that analyze current digital department infrastructure. Interns will be exposed to various social media initiatives, streaming strategy, and digital content monetization.
• Digital Social Media Marketing: Interns will have the opportunity to assist the Social Media team in developing social editorial content plans for late night shows and potentially other NBC Entertainment properties. Interns will not only be included in brainstorms and team meetings, but should be active participants/contributors as well.
• Digital Production: Interns will assist with general digital production, including site and app updates; Photoshop of template assets; asset delivery; miscellaneous production tasks on an as-needed basis; assisting with competitive data analysis; archiving and organizing existing content.
• Digital Design: Assist the Digital Art Director in creating social media, marketing, product, and sales design elements for the NBC late night shows including: developing premium quality original artwork and marketing designs using Photoshop and Illustrator; Developing motion graphics pieces to be used on multiple different platforms.
• Music Services: Interns will support the department staff while learning about music clearances and services in network television. They will gain valuable training and a balanced experience by attending department staff meetings, updating music databases, creating and updating music tracking grids, researching music copyrights, searching for music cues for use in various productions, viewing programming for music information, creating & updating production music cue sheets, misc. music research, and other related projects as they arise.
• Photography: Interns will gain experience with photo editing, captioning, and sorting; assisting with pre-production on photo shoots as needed; creating ID sheets; making car reservations; acting as a PA on photo shoots as needed.
• Publicity: Interns will support the publicity office by monitoring press clips, compiling clip reports and running errands. Interns will have the opportunities pending schedules to shadow publicists at events and/or on set. We need someone who is efficient yet effective, can think quickly on their feet and are willing to do any task, no matter how small.
• Syndication Sales: Interns' daily responsibilities include: assisting with sales conference prep; updating deal files; processing deals; assisting the sales team with sales efforts; creating sales presentations; assisting with other branches of the department; helping with day to day office tasks; managing the team Dropbox. Interns will be working with many different people on a daily basis, being personable and professional is a must.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 2, 2018
• Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019
• Desired Backgrounds: Advertising, Business, Business Administration, Communications, Digital/New Media, Film/Television, Fine Arts, Marketing, Media Studies, Music Business, Photography, Public Relations, Social Media
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge and passion for the entertainment industry
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership