Spring Intern - MSNBC
NBC UniversalWashington, DC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
NBC News & MSNBC Internships – Spring 2019 (Washington, D.C.)
NBC News is a leading source of global news and information operating for over 75 years. Every week, NBC News provides more than 30 hours of television news programming, including the top-rated ''NBC Nightly News'' ''TODAY,'' and ''Meet the Press'' programs. The continuously growing online presence of NBC News, NBC News Digital, includes NBCNews.com, msnbc.com, TODAY.com, NBC Latino, NBC BLK, social media and all of the network's digital initiatives. In addition to its leading news programs and wide range of digital platforms, the network's portfolio includes Peacock Productions, an award-winning in house production company. NBC News Channel is the network's liaison to over 200 affiliate stations across the country.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Politics & Foreign Affairs (Andrea Mitchell)
• Politics (NBC Politics First Read for NBCNews.com)
• Justice (Pete Williams)
• Nightly News/Weekend Nightly News (includes weekend hours)
• General Assignment
• TODAY/Weekend TODAY (includes weekend hours)
• Meet The Press
• Technical Production
may vary, but typically include:
• Researching stories and leads, primarily via telephone and Internet
• Preparing research materials for correspondent and producers from various sources, including editorial notes for correspondent and producers
• (for Meet The Press) Assisting in maintaining extensive political research files as well as in compiling research for the show and other projects, including 1947: Meet the Press Podcast and ''MTP Daily'' on MSNBC
• Finding and contacting interview subjects, setting up interviews
• Greeting and escorting on-air show guests and panelists, managing live in-studio audience
• Screening and logging video from various sources, transcribing interviews
• Observing and assisting editing of NBC News reports for broadcast and online
• Attending/observing editorial planning meetings and conference calls
• Field-producing occasional shoots and/or interviews
• Contributing to print versions of reports posted on NBCNews.com
• Greeting guests arriving at NBC News for meetings or interviews
• Other administrative support
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Washington, D.C.
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY BY NOVEMBER 2, 2018.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player.
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership.
• Interns should have experience or strong interest in politics/government, and/or journalism
• Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs
• Excellent computer skills (especially search skills)
• Ability to work effectively in a high-intensity environment, often under tight deadline pressures.
Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations/ Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, English, Digital Media, Business, Research