Spring Intern - Market Research
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
NBC Entertainment Market Research Internship – Spring 2019 (New York)
NBC Entertainment develops and schedules the network's primetime, late-night, and daytime entertainment programming. NBC's quality programs and balanced line-up have earned the network critical acclaim, numerous awards and ratings success, including most recently winning the traditional September-to-May season in primetime's key demo, marking the network's third win in four years. NBC has earned more Emmy Awards than any network in television history.
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• The NBCE Market Research intern works closely with the Market Intelligence group to assist with research projects over the course of the semester; learn and utilize Nielsen Research Application to establish advertising spend, program ratings, and audience impressions; run and distribute daily overnight ratings to NBCE productions and distribution teams; assist with consumer behaviour research requests to support sales advertising teams; handle additional administrative tasks as needed.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 2, 2018
• Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
• Desired Backgrounds: Advertising, Business, Communications, Data Analytics, Marketing, Media Studies, Public Relations, Research
• Desired Characteristics: Interest in the business aspects of television, basic Excel knowledge, rich numerical and analytical skillset; previous research or entertainment internship experience