Spring Intern - Global Distribution & Intl
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Universal Networks International, the international channels division of NBCUniversal, is one of the world's premier entertainment portfolios, delivering quality content and compelling brands to over 176 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. The brands in the portfolio include Universal Channel, Syfy, 13th Street, Studio Universal, E! Entertainment Television, DIVA Universal, Telemundo and Golf Channel. These unique brands deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe.
NBCUniversal International Television Distribution, a division of NBCUniversal, is responsible for the distribution of NBCUniversal product to all forms of television and new media outside of the U.S. and Canada. This includes a rich library of more than 4,000 feature films and 100,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Digital Product and Operations
• New Media (Theatrical)
Examples of daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• New Media: Assist with the preparation and delivery of creative materials. Assist in the electronic distribution and delivery of marketing materials. Assist in the creation of mock ups, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc
• Development: As a member of the team, our intern will have the opportunity to read scripts while providing notes, coverage, and loglines.
• Publicity: Compiling daily press clips. Maintain launch date calendar. Support Publicity team with twitter requests, licensee lists and additional projects
• Digital Product & Operations: Update E! News website content via Content Management System. Assist with editorial updates for Breaking News stories. Assist with programming video for E! News website. Create case studies and presentations with PowerPoint
• Other duties depending on specific internship department
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by Nov 2nd 2018
• Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations/ Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, English, Digital Media, Business, Research
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership