Specialist, Talent Development
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The Talent Development Specialist drives Lead and Supervisory including, delivery, facilitation and measurement of Lead and Supervisory training. The Specialist reports to the Sr Mgr, Talent Development and also works closely with the Learning & Development Managers and Specialists to ensure all Lead/supervisory training is consistent with company standard and bridges the gap between hourly frontline training and the professional development curriculum, ensuring emerging leaders have the skills necessary to succeed. The specialist also manages processes following completion of training such as invoicing, tracking of training, and any other follow up required.
• Facilitates USH Lead and supervisory development programs and curriculum to support and address Lead and supervisory development needs. Maintains ownership and facilitation of high potential supervisory development programs.
• Designs and customizes program materials including facilitator guides, participant workbooks, presentations and job aids. Incorporates ongoing evaluation feedback into class materials on a continuous basis.
• Builds and maintains strong client and subject matter expert relationships to gather ongoing needs assessment information to ensure development needs are identified and addressed through training solutions.
• Works closely with Training Managers, Specialists and clients to schedule Lead/Supervisory training sessions that meet the needs of the business.
• Researches, designs and develops new training programs and materials. Ensures all training materials are updated, relevant, and supportive of current Standard Operating Procedures and that versioning is tracked.
• Incorporates measurement and assessment tools to support training. Analyzes trends, identifies gaps and uses USH metrics and measures (GSAT, TSAT, 360, performance evaluations, etc.) to develop targeted training plans based upon findings.
• Provides thought leadership and support to clients, subject matter experts and training managers to incorporate and assist with coordination of non-L & OD training targeting the Lead/Supervisor level.
• Manages hourly training attendance, sign-in sheets and approvals to ensure employees are paid properly while in training.
• Books training sessions, creates courses in GenSuite, and manages manager communication of courses. Reviews employee registration and monitors whether employee has attended course in the past.
• Manages tracking of FOH Lead/Supervisory compliance training to ensure operational management is delivering appropriate compliance refresher training and that training completion is properly recorded and maintained
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Systems Development, Communications, Education, or related area.
• Effective training and presentation skills
• Prior experience with design, creation and implementation of training.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
• Flexibility and Adapts to changing conditions and challenges, seeking opportunities to drive innovation
• Seeks best practice in Talent Development and encourages others to look at problems in a new way.
• Has managed people
• Ability to prioritize, think independently and problem solve to ensure projects are completed in an effective/timely manner
• Ability to work with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
• Self-starter, motivated and proactive
• Strong organization and planning skills, detail oriented, and ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ideal candidate demonstrates accountability, thinks critically and demonstrates courage when presenting ideas
• Can easily multi task and manage multiple projects
• Flexibility with their schedule with availability to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required
• Professional and personable with the ability to exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive/confidential matters