Nbcuniversal Summer Fellowship Program
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The NBCUniversal Fellowship Program supports the NBCUniversal commitment to attract and retain the best, most diverse talent in the media and entertainment industry. The program aims to offer diverse or underrepresented students exposure to the media industry. Students in the program will engage in a 10-week paid, summer internship that offers hands on work experience in a career area of interest, professional development workshops, executive speakers, industry panels and networking events.
Fellows will have the chance to work in a business that is part of NBCU's growing portfolio of network and properties, such as Cable Entertainment, NBC Entertainment, NBC Sports, NBC News Groups or Corporate Functions. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to diversity in their school or community and strong leadership and communication skills. Candidates should have a career interest in media & entertainment and be excited about the opportunity to explore any area of the entertainment industry. While we can ensure Fellows will receive work experience relevant to their background and interests, placement within a particular NBCUniversal division or business unit is not guaranteed.
Fellowship opportunities at NBCUniversal may include (but are not limited to) the following areas;
• Ad Sales
• Business Development
• Digital Distribution
• Film Production/Development
• Graphic Design
• Human Resources
• Information Technology
• Post Production
• TV Production/Development
• Web Content/Editorial
The program will be held during the summer only (June – August 2019). Positions may be located within the New York City, Tri-State Area and Los Angeles, CA location(s).
Compensation/ Housing Assistance:
• Fellowships are paid, hourly/non-exempt positions
• NBCUniversal will provide housing assistance to East Coast-based Fellows who reside outside of a 50 mile radius from our New York City Tri-State Area. At this time, housing assistance will not be provided to West Coast-based Fellows.
• Must be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelors, or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and must be able to provide documentation to confirm.
• Class standing of Sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 15th 2019
• Needs to be able to work on-site in NY, NJ, CT, or LA
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Summer Program Dates: June – August 2019.