Manager, Talent & Org Development
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
What we do:
We support the Operations & Technology business unit across NBCU with a population of approximately 4,000 employees. What's super cool about our client group is that they power major NBCU events like the Olympics, national elections, popular shows and news programs, and much more. We pride ourselves on taking an employee-centric POV and designing programs and initiatives around how they live and work. In this role, you'll concept and work on people and culture activities related to the entire employee lifecycle, including pipeline recruitment, learning and development, performance management, talent analytics, employee engagement, and more.
What you'll do:
Surveys & Data - Lead our annual survey plus quarterly pulse surveys including drafting questions; Interpreting data and uncovering insights; Develop and analyze other types of surveys upon request. Must be a savvy with Excel.
Onboarding & Offboarding – Create an enviable onboarding experience (30-60-90 days) for the Ops & Tech business unit; Seek feedback on the process and continually improve and refine it. Coordinate seamlessly with the rest of the HRBP team to ensure consistency in roll out. Ensure process is just as good when employees exit.
Employee Communications – You have a knack for branding and can word-smith like no other in an effort to publicize and sell our programs with employees.
Event Planning – Plan executive roundtables; Assist with recruiting events, diversity & inclusion events.
Learning & Development – Strong meeting facilitation skills; Design, develop, and conduct skill-building activities, including training programs that target individual development; heavy focus on high-potential development; Provide facilitation and training on various HR and OD related initiatives; Own backend mgmt. of our LMS tool from both a content creation and reporting POV.
Metrics – Did we mention data already?!? Measure everything…twice. Use metrics and data to assess if our talent programs are working and how effective they are, report out to HRBP team.
Social Media/Employment Branding/Culture Advocate – Drive social media campaign around our pipeline programs plus other Ops & Tech people focused events/offerings.
Talent Calibrations – Assist with talent planning efforts by facilitating talent discussions, capturing themes, and ensuring that the talent review process is 'operationalized' and integrated into other talent-related activities.
Research Trends and networking - Pursue opportunities to build the NBCU Ops & Tech people brand in the local market, attend industry events, partner with management in different initiatives that could attract talent.
Why you'll love it:
This is an opportunity to create best in class HR practices versus copy them. We like to try new things and experiment. We work hard but more importantly we're about working smart, being nice and having fun.
• A minimum of 5 years of HR/OD industry experience or human capital consulting
• Bachelor's Degree in Industrial/Labor Relations -or- Human Resources Management -or- other related field (required)
• Master's Degree in organization development, organization or I/O psychology, HR (preferred)
• Ability to think strategically creatively and translate concepts into actionable items
• Strong survey experience and an ability to work with large sets of data and identify themes/trends
• Strong consultative and diagnostic skills
• Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, ability to balance numerous tasks and meet tight deadlines.
• Team-oriented, actively participate with cross-capability peers to make the work better
• Strong analytic, verbal and written communication skills
• Executive presence and storytelling - Can develop strong presentations and deliver them to audiences at various levels