Manager, Human Resources
NBC UniversalDenver, CO
Full Time Job
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to provide strategic Human Resources support for NBCUniversal's Operations & Technology division in both Centennial, CO and Los Angeles, CA. As the onsite HR leader for about 300 employees and contractors in Centennial and approximately 125 employees and contractors in Los Angeles, this role requires strategic and creative thinking, whether designing new and engaging local initiatives or implementing corporate driven HR activities. This position reports into the Vice President of HR. A successful candidate will exhibit the ability to execute the following:
• Drive HR-related strategic planning, organization design & integration, staffing, compensation planning, managerial coaching, employee development, succession planning, change management, and performance management.
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees that further the mission, values and strategic vision of the business.
• Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment; further the development of the Centennial culture; act as an employee advocate.
• Manage the staffing process, partnering with clients and our internal talent acquisition team, to identify recruitment strategies as well as ensure diverse candidate slates and top quality candidate selection.
• Provide direction and support for our various pipeline and talent development programs.
• Work closely and partner effectively with several HR leaders to ensure consistent HR practices across related organizations and functions.
• Effectively manage an HR Coordinator.
• Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management, or related field
• Minimum 5 years of relevant professional level HR experience
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO
• Must be willing to travel for work related business as necessary
• Master's degree in HR, Labor Relations, or related field; MBA or JD
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills; superior project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills
• Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
• Demonstrated coaching, mentoring, and leadership skills; change agent
• Effective influencing capability, established executive presence
• Strong employee relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees
• Demonstrated ability to translate 'big picture' business strategy into an executable HR plan
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal guidance or direct supervision when necessary
• Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
• Previous experience in technology and/or entertainment industry a plus