Manager, Human Resources
NBC UniversalEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
NBCU's Operations & Technology division supports NBCUniversal's portfolio of broadcast, cable and film businesses. O&T includes domestic television production operations, Universal Studio operations, global technical operations, information technology, and media products & advanced technologies. O&T also includes corporate service functions, including environmental health & safety, facilities, security, and crisis management.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
Global Media Operations (GMO) is NBCUniversal's centralized team of operators responsible for building and supporting the management, preparation, and delivery of all content across NBCUniversal's global portfolio, including: Broadcast, Cable, Film, TV Everywhere, VOD, EST, and SVOD. The Global Media Operations team delivers all of NBCUniversal's content to TV screens, mobile devices, and all other viewing platforms everywhere around the world.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to provide strategic Human Resources support for the Global Media Operations, with employees in New York, New Jersey, California, and Colorado. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to organizational design, staffing, training & development, performance management, coaching, employee & labor relations, compensation planning, and support for various talent pipeline programs.
• Provide HR support for the Operations & Technology division, participate in and/or lead division and corporate HR initiatives.
• Drive strategic HR-related planning, organization design & integration, staffing, compensation planning, manager coaching, employee development, succession planning, and performance management.
• Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner.
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees that further the mission, values and strategic vision of the business.
• Partner with our Labor Relations teams to effectively support a large union represented population, ensuring compliance and top notch client service.
• Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment; serve as an employee advocate.
• Support the staffing process in concert with our internal talent acquisition team to implement recruitment strategies as well as ensure diverse candidate slates and top quality candidate selection.
• Provide direction and support for our various pipeline and talent development programs.
• Work closely and partner effectively with several HR leaders to ensure consistent HR practices across related organizations and functions.
• Effectively manage a HR Coordinator.
• Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management, or related field
• Minimum 5 years of relevant professional level HR experience
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Must be willing to travel for work related business as necessary
• Master's degree in HR, Labor Relations, or related field; MBA or JD
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills; superior project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills
• Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
• Previous experience working in a highly matrixed organization a plus
• Demonstrated coaching, mentoring, and leadership skills; change agent; results orientation
• Effective influencing capability, established executive presence
• Strong employee relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees
• Demonstrated ability to translate 'big picture' business strategy into an executable HR plan
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal guidance or direct supervision when necessary
• Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
• Previous experience in cable, television or entertainment industry a plus
• Previous experience in a union environment and/or supply chain a plus