NBC UniversalMiami, FL
Full Time Job
The Log Scheduler will support the Operations Department in being responsible for executing the on-air programming guide under the general supervision of the operations manager. This position is responsible for scheduling on-air promos, secondary events, ratings and all elements for the daily programming.
• Build 1-2 logs daily, 3 if necessary.
• Oversees certain feeds/channels and be responsible for all logs for those feeds/channels.
• Extract daily logs for Ad sales traffic department to place commercials.
• Daily Commercial Timing.
• Organize all programs and breaks for the following day & ensure that systems & the necessary teams receive those logs.
• Follow up on arrivals, review, placing and functioning of In-shows.
• Reduce breaks in the system for the regions when it is required; to avoid overbooking commercials, also check the breaks for each day to make sure that there isn't an extra break through the day.
• Ensure placement of programming is within established guidelines of the corresponding region, as well as the requirements established by the client.
• Work closely with Traffic, Programming, Marketing and Ad Sales Departments
• Ensure all ad sales spots are placed with the correct schedule, content and promos.
• Work towards fixing all errors or adjustments with spots and make sure all commercials are placed at the desired time/date and all other requirements are fulfilled to ensure client requests are met.
• Run reports to check for errors, program segmentations, back-to-back premieres, etc.
• Work closely with departments such as Traffic, On-Air and Ad Sales to stay up to date on requests for commercials, any time changes with the programs, any questions or concerns and ensuring priorities are met.
• Maintain relationships with offices in the other regions and assist them with anything they may need.
• Work with third parties to ensure logs are uploaded correctly, and any other information is communicated
â€¢ Associate degree with emphasis on TV and broadcasting, or equivalent work experience
â€¢ Previous analytical writing and/or film evaluation experience preferred
â€¢ Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
â€¢ Knowledge with Landmark Scheduling System software or similar system is preferred
â€¢ Language: Fluent in English and Spanish
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
â€¢ Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
â€¢ Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
â€¢ Must be 18 years or older
â€¢ Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
â€¢ Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need
â€¢ Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
â€¢ 1 year experience in Media, TV or equivalent is preferred.
â€¢ Previous analytical writing and/or film evaluation experience preferred.
â€¢ Knowledge of Latin American markets, including rules, regulations and culture
â€¢ Possesses problem solving skills and is able to collaborate with a team
â€¢ Ability to multitask and to adapt and work well in a rapidly changing environment while keeping with tight deadlines
â€¢ Excellent level of redaction compatibility within the television industry
â€¢ Good customer service