Intern - Finance - UPI
NBC UniversalAmsterdam, NH
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Theatrical Division of UPI in The Netherlands release a wide range of titles to the cinema's (approx.. 50 per year) for the studios Universal, Paramount and Sony. Titles as Fast & Furious, 50 Shades of Grey, Minions, Jurassic World, Mamma Mia and Johnny English, but also smaller titles as Darkest Hour and Pitch Perfect 3). Predicting the pacing of rentals and costs for a title can be challenging. This project is aimed at improving cash forecasting and pacing.
This internship is most suitable for third- or fourth-year Bachelor students. It requires a 5-day per week availability and provides for a monthly allowance of EUR 500,-. The start date of the internship is September 2018.
We accept applications until 15 June 2018 and for this role Fluent Dutch is a must!
We will require your cover letter in Dutch.
The intern will make various analysis and come up with ideas to help us improve Cash Forecasting and Pacing.
- Cash Forecasting & Pacing
You should focus on outgoing payments. When is a marketing campaign being invoiced to us and how long after the campaign is the invoice paid? Is there a pattern?
Analysing the pattern of release costs (mainly marketing costs) and how does this relate to the incoming rentals by film.
- Loyalty Cards
A number of exhibitors have introduced Loyalty Cards, customers can visit a cinema without restrictions to the number of visits per month for a fixed fee. What effect does this have on our profitability.
- Project General Tems
We are planning to renew our General Terms of Sales in 2018 and send them out to our approx, 225 customers. Some customers will accept the terms, others will request changes. This has to be recorded to determine if we would allow for such changes.
- Analysis for Sales and Marketing department
We need assistance to make analysis from time to time for our Sales and Marketing Department
- Graduate HBO Finance, Business Administration etc.
- Available for 4-5 days per week
- Strong in Analysing, accurate and affinity with systems;
- Amibitious, curious and researching;
- Problem solving ability and innovative;
- Likes working in a team and can also focus on working alone. Contributes to good atmosphere in the team.
- Clear and pleasant style of communicating in English and Dutch;
- Systems: Is able to work wihth Excel, Word and PowerPoint and is fast learning. Will work with SAP, Connexis and Maccs.