Intern - Finance Operations
NBC UniversalAmsterdam, NH
Part Time Unpaid Internship
An exciting opportunity has opened for an internship with the Amsterdam-based Financial Operations (Order 2 Cash) department of Universal Studios International BV (USI), part of global media company NBCUniversal!
Financial Operations (FinOps) within NBCU International is comprised of a number of towers that provide a wide range of financial services on behalf of and for various NBCU Business Units globally. These towers include accounting services (Record to Report, RTR), Account Payable services (Procurement to Pay, P2P), Credit Management Services (Order to Cash, OTC) and Payroll.
FinOps has a strategic partnership with Capgemini for outsourcing transactional standard operational work - Business Process Outsourcing, transformation and some IT solutions & aims to provide world class business support utilising the most efficient structure and processes.
This internship is most suitable for third- or fourth-year Bachelor students. It requires a 5-day per week availability and provides for a monthly allowance of EUR 500,-. The start date of the internship is September 2018.
- You report to the Senior Manager Finance Operations who is responsible for OTC processes of 600 Licensee contracts, $2,2Billion revenues of our NBCU Television Distribution (TVD) customers. This entails creating, improving and safeguarding the right processes, support to all parties concerned, driving continuous improvement and system governance.
- Ensure accurate contract interpretation of TVD contract deals, license fees, pricing and revenue recognition;
- Perform yearly audit for TVD customer reporting on completeness and accuracy to ensure correct input for license fee calculations;
- Assist Subject Matter Expert for fast growing New Media business: ability to translate complex contracts, new business models into license fee calculations and develop control framework;
- Assist with the monthly/periodic external audits to ensure these are performed timely and accurately;
- Review key controls, SOX and determine gaps and mitigation;
- Take part in projects for system implementations, client implementations, continuous standardization and process improvements.
- 3rd or 4th year Bachelor student at a recognized HBO or equivalent; Financial Accounting or similar course of study required;
- Minimum availability for internship: 5 months, with a 6 month maximum time frame;
- Excellent oral and written English skills required;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel, and comfortable using other MS Office software;
- Able to work independently, with effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Experience working in an international environment is preferred but is not required;
- Professionalism, commitment to quality and integrity, and strong self-motivation;
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment and willing to assist others as needed.