Human Resources Generalist
NBC UniversalHialeah, FL
Full Time Job
The HR Generalist will work independently and in conjunction with the rest of the Telemundo HR team acting in the capacity of a business partner to assigned client groups and responsible for meeting day-to-day HR needs. The successful candidate should have been exposed to several of these areas in HR: employee relations, recruiting and staffing, workforce planning analysis, training and development, organizational development; performance management, HR administration, compensation and benefits.
• Serve as point of contact for managers and employees regarding HR policies, procedures, and programs.
• Provide guidance and counsel to the management team regarding applicable legal and regulatory compliance issues, company policy and effective management of their employees, which includes working closely with employment counsel
• Coach managers and employees on performance management, career counseling, corrective action process, and employee relations issues. Seek guidance and inclusion from employment counsel at appropriate times.
• Partner with client group management to identify and address needs within client group
• Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
• Manage legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
• Conducts investigations of employee relations issues and makes recommendations for action.
• Provides coaching and counseling to employees and to managers
• Works with managers and Human Resources Operations staff to ensure proper hiring/transfer/termination processes are followed utilizing in-house tools to complete the transactions
• Coordinate and, on occasion, facilitate employee meetings (e.g. Survey Feedback, Performance Management Training)
• Organizes and executes employee engagement events
Training and Development
• Coordinates and delivers various training programs and present training materials
• Implements and tracks Performance Management Plans. Ensures managers are following process according to guidelines and timeframes to insure completion
• Provides programs to help new managers assimilate into the organization
• Oversees the internship and early career programs at Telemundo Enterprises
• Manages the staffing process, working with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition to identify recruitment strategies ensuring diverse candidate slates
• Participates in the hiring and on-boarding process for incoming employees
• Conducts exit interviews; reports on trends and recommends remedial actions
• Manages assigned projects within budget and by deadline
• BA or BS degree required; degree in Human Resources preferred
• Minimum 3 years of related experience
• Experience in HR organizations with heavy emphasis on employee relations
• Knowledge of US employment laws
• Intermediate to advanced expertise with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to analyze detailed reports
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple priorities
• Fluency in English and Spanish (written and oral)
• Collaboration & Team Work: Ability to earn trust and credibility by completing own share of the team's work; place team priorities above own personal agenda; appropriately consider others' opinions on matters that affect the team; challenge proposed actions in a way that facilitates constructive discussion; support team decisions, even if different from own opinion.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below (38424BR) to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Miami-Dade County, FL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Familiarity with HR systems (e.g. SAP, BrassRing/Kenexa desired)
• PHR/SPHR certification desired
• Master's Degree preferred