NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
HR Assistant - Lifestyle Networks
The HR Assistant, Lifestyle Networks will provide administrative support for the VP, HR- Lifestyle Networks as well as a broad range of HR and administrative support to the Lifestyle HR team. The Lifestyle Networks include Bravo, Oxygen, E! & Universal Kids and total approximately 600 staff employees.
• Provide administrative support to the VP, HR – Lifestyle with calendar management, business travel planning, expense tracking/reporting, phone support and meeting prep.
• Provide Lifestyle-wide transactional support (process paperwork and communicate with key internal stakeholders) for employee transactions including terminations, promotions, title changes, leave of absence, timecard actions, etc.
• Assist with cross-portfolio initiatives and projects, serving as a central point of contact for the bi-coastal Lifestyle team.
• Generate regular and ad hoc reports ie, monthly employee census & quarterly diversity presentation and assist with crafting and sending Lifestyle-wide communications as needed.
• Maintain Lifestyle organizational charts and open jobs list
• Support the onboarding process for newly hired employees; craft offer letters, coordinate with operations/ tech on space and systems set up, collect new hire paperwork, send welcome email. Serve as primary user for HR information systems including SAP & Brassring.
• Keep apprised & updated on new regulations, company policies & procedures
• Attend & participate in training courses pertinent to Human Resources as required
• Maintain employee email distribution lists
• Other duties as assigned
East coast only
• Plan logistics for regular team meetings and trainings; book rooms, organize facilities and IT/AV requirements, order food as needed.
• Handle requests for temporary support (YOH) and onboarding
• Liaise with internal partners, ie Payroll, Benefits, facilities, etc. to resolve day to day employee issues or redirect to appropriate contacts
• Assist with Intern program events and communications
• Bachelor's degree
• 1 year of HR or related experience
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Exceptional initiative, follow-through and attention to detail
• Extremely flexible, approachable, organized, and able to easily shift priorities
• Experience meeting fast paced employee or client needs
• Ability and willingness to handle administrative duties, heavy work flow processing
• Ability to anticipate, troubleshoot and solve problems on the fly.
• "Customer service" minded professional who works well in a team environment
• Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff
• Strong interest in a career in Human Resources and the media industry
• Possess a natural, yet professional ease at working with and relating to the needs of employees in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Proven ability to handle extremely confidential information, act with integrity and use discretion
• Naturally curious, self-starter; able to work independently and seek out answers/resources on own