Fall Paid Intern - Saturday Night Live
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Field Production
• Studio Production
• Production Management
• Set Design
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Interns at Saturday Night Live will work closely with the staff of their department to help gain knowledge and understanding of what goes into producing and weekly – live – late night comedy show.
• Interns will observe and assist department heads in aspects of producing a late night sketch comedy show. Some responsibilities may include but are not limited to: recording rehearsals, distributing run downs, making runs for writers and cast members. Self-starters able to take direction and prioritize responsibilities will do best in the high-paced environment of SNL.
• Interns should have experience in entertainment production. An ideal candidate is eager and excited to do any task they are given. We are looking for people who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, act independently, take initiative, and help the show from the ground up.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 15, 2019
Fall Program Dates: September – December 2019
• Desired Backgrounds: Communications, Computer Science, Digital/New Media, Film/TV Production, Film/Television, Fine Arts, Media Studies, Music Business, Photography
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, detail oriented, team player, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge and passion for the entertainment industry and live TV production
• Previous internship experience. This is an extremely competitive internship opportunity - two to three previous production internships or internships in the above areas is highly preferred
• Flexibility to work 2-3 full days during the week and the full production day on Saturday for the duration of the internship