Fall Paid Intern - MBA
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
MBA Internships exist within the following business areas:
• Filmed Entertainment
• Content Distribution
• NBC Entertainment
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Filmed Entertainment:
• Franchise Strategy
• Customer Operations
• Demand Planning
• Commercial Global Finance
• Digital Distribution
• Emerging Technology Marketing
• Content Distribution:
• Digital Product Development & Strategy
• Digital Distribution & Operations
• Technical Products & Project Management
• NBC Entertainment
• Digital Product Marketing
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Filmed Entertainment: Assist with data mining and assessment; Provide feedback and trend analysis on new findings and learnings; Developing marketing reports; Analyzing sales and marketing programs and providing recommendations for future courses of action; Providing insights that identify incremental profitable sales and marketing opportunities; Utilize and learn forecasting and replenishment system to optimize replenishment and maximize supply chain efficiencies; Work with systems and various departments to improve forecast accuracy on promotions and initial releases; Strategic evaluation of New Release forecasting and evaluating different statistical methodologies to ensure proper title planning; Statistical competitive analysis; Validating statistical methodologies and creating benchmarking analyses; Help to track and analyze overall performance metrics, and look at trends both internally and competitively; Assisting on presentations for retailers and other partners.
• Content Distribution - Digital Product Development & Strategy: The intern will join the Product Development & Strategy team, which is at the epicenter of the most exciting changes underway in the TV business. The intern's supervisor is responsible for managing traditional and digital Multi-Platform Video Distributors and leverages product initiatives, promotional tactics, and related analytics to drive revenue growth. Responsibilities include cultivating platform-based business opportunities in collaboration with all departments and levels within the company; researching market trends and competitive analysis to generate insights; managing forecast models to predict viewership across multiple platforms and make recommendations for usage growth. There will be multiple opportunities over the course of the internship to present findings and recommendations to the digital distribution team.
• Content Distribution - Digital Distribution & Operations: The intern with the Digital Distribution & Operations department will learn end to end workflows for NBCU and MVPD/dMVPD partners, and will be assigned specific projects to complete in the fall period. Areas of focus will be new product launch (e.g. crossplatform short form VOD), workflow improvement (e.g. identify and remove waste or redundancies) and product enhancement (e.g. VDS/SAP on crossplatform VOD). The ideal candidate should be able to understand how the operational work is connected to big picture vision of Content Distribution team.
• Content Distribution - Technical Production & Project Management: The ideal intern will act as a Business Analyst during their time with NBCU and the Technical Production team. They can expect to own projects that stretch across multiple teams within content distribution and technology teams; assist with larger projects, including developing business cases and proposals; define, draft, negotiate, and analyze program and project requirements based on established KPIs and the needs of multiple stakeholders; continuously evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement & optimization, and develop & implement solutions.
• NBC Entertainment - The Intern will support the Product Marketing team and its efforts that could include running a sweepstakes end to end, driving new product requests and requirements with Product team, working with creative to deploy email campaigns, facilitating partner marketing initiatives or other tasks to drive acquisition, engagement and retention of our portfolio of NBC Entertainment digital products. Intern will support relationship marketing efforts including working with creative team and agency to deploy emails, launching and managing a sweepstakes for acquisition and MarTech integration.
• In pursuit of a Master of Business Administration degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Los Angeles, CA
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28, 2019
Fall Program Dates: September – December 2019
• Desired Backgrounds: MBA candidates with backgrounds in Business, Business Administration, Communications, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Research.
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player, willing to take on any tasks required, passion for the television and film industry; Previous related internship experience.