Fall Paid Intern - MBA
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
MBA Internships exist within the following business areas:
• Ad Sales
• Content Distribution
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Ad Sales – Client Strategy
• Content Distribution - Digital Product Development & Strategy
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Ad Sales – Client Strategy: The intern will work with the Client Strategy Group which functions as a sort of a start-up within NBCU Ad Sales using category knowledge to build true business partnerships with our clients. They turn insights/trends into compelling narratives reflecting how Comcast/NBCU platforms and assets can turn a client's brand positioning into a fully realized marketing and media investment at scale. The intern will help develop and deliver compelling stories around the relevant categories, including trends and insights in support of the Client Management team and the NBCU Portfolio. The intern will be expected to track industry/client news and highlight important insights and opportunities for team; support the creation of presentations and assist in the development of regular reporting and process documents.
• Content Distribution - Digital Product Development & Strategy: The intern will join the Product Development & Strategy team, which is at the epicenter of the most exciting changes underway in the TV business. The intern's supervisor is responsible for managing traditional and digital Multi-Platform Video Distributors and leverages product initiatives, promotional tactics, and related analytics to drive revenue growth. Responsibilities include cultivating platform-based business opportunities in collaboration with all departments and levels within the company; researching market trends and competitive analysis to generate insights; managing forecast models to predict viewership across multiple platforms and make recommendations for usage growth. There will be multiple opportunities over the course of the internship to present findings and recommendations to the digital distribution team
• In pursuit of a Master of Business Administration degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28, 2019
Fall Program Dates: September – December 2019
• Desired Backgrounds: Business, Business Administration, Communications, Digital Media, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Research.
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player, willing to take on any tasks required, passion for the business side of the television industry; Previous related internship experience.