Fall Paid Intern - E News
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
E! is a leading global entertainment brand, home to successful properties including E! News, Keeping Up With the Kardashians, E! Live From the Red Carpet, Busy Tonight, The Rundown on Snapchat, Total Divas, The People's Choice Awards and much more. In this role, the intern will help analyze cross-platform performance and consumer feedback across our various brands and series.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
Digital Video Production
Digital/New Media Technology
On-Air / Off-Air Promotions
Examples of daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• News: Assist PAs and producers in gathering elements needed for their stories such as logging interviews, pulling b-roll, research, etc.
• Social: Our interns are tasked with assisting the LA social team with E! News social publishing. They assist with community management, flagging news stories to editorial and help with posting to the Daily Pop Instagram account.
• Digital: To assist the E! News digital video team with a variety of production and office related duties. May include creating digital/social videos, assisting with live video production, attending shoots, logging footage, and other additional duties as needed.
• PR: Track press clips & assist in creating press coverage packets. Maintain team media lists and research and build new lists as needed. Assist with writing & copy editing press materials, episode descriptions and weekly highlights
• Creative: Create presentations with the findings from creative inspiration and competitive landscape research, Pull show clips, create string outs and/or short pieces of creative. Participate in writer's rooms and creative brainstorms. Write copy, taglines and scripts in tandem with the creative teams
• New Media: Write and edit text and metadata and publish shortform content appearing on internal sites for E!, focusing on news content which requires a quick turnaround.
• Other duties as assigned depending on the department
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by June 28th , 2019
• Fall Program Dates: September – December 2019.
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations/ Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, English, Digital Media, Business, Research
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.