Fall Intern - Entertainment Programming Research
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
NBC Entertainment, which has earned more Emmy Awards than any network in television history, is dedicated to developing and scheduling programming for the network's alternative, primetime, late-night and daytime schedules. NBC Broadcast Research & Digital Analytics provides quantitative research for NBC's broadcast entertainment properties, supporting a variety of internal clients (e.g., programming, scheduling, finance, press & publicity, marketing, NBC.com and management). This New York-based internship offers the chance to learn the foundations of audience measurement for both linear and digital, see how data directly impacts many business decisions, and develop a stronger understanding of the television and digital landscape. The intern will have the opportunity to generate and distribute reports and analyze viewership across age, gender, and countless other demographic, using both television ratings and digital data. The intern will work closely with researchers in both the linear and digital worlds and will have a unique perspective as to how much the television landscape has changed and how quickly that change continues.
• Must be enrolled in a college degree program at an Accredited Institution (recent graduates not eligible)
• Must be in sophomore standing or above (30 credits )
• Must be able to work onsite in New York, NY
• Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have unrestricted work authorization in the US without a visa or sponsorship (CPT-seeking students are not eligible)
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JUNE 15, 2018.
The NBC Broadcast Research and Digital Analytics internship is perfect for dependable, enthusiastic, and motivated students with career interests in the television industry and a desire to learn linear and digital ratings methodologies.
• Affinity for numbers / data
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
• Awareness and interest in current TV programming and the TV landscape, along with the various ways to watch TV content
• Passion for TV - past, present and future