Director Of Talent Management
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director Of Talent Management - Ad Sales
This newly created Director of Talent Management will provide direction and help drive our Talent Strategies across the NBCUniversal Ad Sales Portfolio. S/he will partner with Human Resources (HR), Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), business leaders and other internal teams to understand the talent landscape.
Additionally, the Director of Talent Management will collaborate with HR to develop and manage programs and initiatives to grow our high potential talent population and shape and influence the Ad Sales culture. S/he will spend a great deal of time in the marketplace to meet new talent and build relationships to attract the best talent into the Ad Sales organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design and drive longer term strategies, frameworks and implementation plans for evolving a more inclusive culture and increasing the representation and advancement of high performing diverse talent across the Ad Sales organization.
• Partner with the Corporate Diversity & Inclusion team and NBCU's internal Employee Resource Groups to build a D&I strategic plan for Ad Sales that is focused on continuing to create an inclusive and inviting culture within a diverse workforce.
• Research, vet and partner with diversity focused sales organizations to create a path and pipeline of talent for NBCU.
• Internally partner with HR leaders to identify and develop relationships, and help showcase existing high potential talent across the NBCU Ad Sales portfolio. Externally build relationships with high performing talent within the media industry and beyond to create a pipeline of talent ready to join NBCUniversal.
• Collaborate with the HR teams to evaluate the effectiveness of talent management strategies and to identify broad organizational opportunities for high-potentials to gain exposure to the broader organization.
• Manage all candidate slates across the portfolio in conjunction with HR team to ensure there is a diverse mix of internal and external candidates in the talent pool to select from.
• Build a calendar of industry events and create opportunities where Ad Sales Executives and high performing talent can be present to promote the diverse careers available at NBCU Ad Sales (panels/speaking engagements/internal events). Focusing on creating strategic and effective programs to attract and retain the top talent.
• Proactively ensure Ad Sales management is meeting external talent throughout the year
• Regularly meet with high potential employees. Work to identify and develop individual learning initiatives that effectively focus on achievement of both business and personal career goals for these employees.
• Partner with the Talent Lab to conduct individual leadership, career and talent assessments, as appropriate, using a variety of tools to help drive the learning plan for internal high potential employees.
• Understand the emerging demographics with the talent base that follows Millennials (e.g. Gen Z). Design workplace strategies to attract, develop, and retain a dynamic and multi-generational workforce.
• Regularly measure, analyze and report recruiting efforts and diversity and inclusion progress (Engagement survey, demographic data, focus groups, etc.), highlighting areas of strength and areas that need development, and identify action steps to improve areas of opportunity
• Regularly measure and communicate outcomes of key talent initiatives quarterly to Senior HR leader.
• Bachelor's Degree, required
• 10 years in progressive HR/OD and/or Talent Acquisition work experience within a matrix/complex environment
• Excellent written, oral and positive influential interpersonal skills required
• Must understand/have experience working in an Ad Sales environment
• A deep commitment to diversity and inclusion as a key driver to business success
• Proven background in communicating and influencing a wide variety of internal stakeholders resulting in mutually beneficial outcomes
• Results-oriented and "hands-on" approach
• Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be a problem solver and be able to work independently
• Travel to other offices and locations as required
• Strong project management skills
• Solid knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Comfortable with data analysis and the ability to see where Diversity & Inclusion issues and initiatives intersect with other HR practices