Spring Intern - Digital Business Intelligence
NBC NewsSeattle, WA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
This position will work closely with software engineers and analysts within the greater business intelligence organization to assist in processes and documentation to support the greater organizations leads. Individuals of this role should have an interest in 'big data' and web analytics as it relates to a large media organization.
and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Analysis of data generated by our primary data sources
• Exploring data sets using SQL
• Applying Python or R against our large data sets
• Documenting processes and procedures or the BI team
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Seattle, WA.
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY BY NOVEMBER 2, 2018.
• Experience working with data
• Familiarity with python and r
• Familiarity with visualization tools such as Tableau
• Interest in Media
• Interest in cloud technology