Senior Designer - National Geographic Channels
National GeographicKowloon, HK
Full Time Job
National Geographic Channels are home to the most informative and educational programming on television, encompassing a range of disciplines such as nature, history, science, engineering, culture, people, and places. In partnership with the National Geographic Society-one of the largest scientific and education institutions in the world-National Geographic Channels take viewers on breathtaking adventures across the globe, championing preservation efforts and inspiring the explorer in each of us.
The Opportunity: Senior Designer
We are seeking for an individual with great passion for TV who is able to create exceptional graphic materials for National Geographic Channels. You be able to present ideas clearly with the help of references and storyboards, along with good time management and organizational skills to respond to multiple projects.
This role will be based in Hong Kong.
Your contribution to the team:
• Research, design and create motion graphics for on-air promotion materials including promos, channel's presentation, interstitials, campaigns, etc. Make sure all given tasks are executed independently on time and the information is correct.
• Design and create print/ digital promotion materials for online/ off-air/ on ground marketing.
• Assist art director in channel branding design, team management and communication with outside parties.
• Understand the brand identity, positioning, target audience, overall programming and promotion strategy of the channel. Maintain the branding consistency across channel and projects, in all media.
• Actively participate in all channel meetings and brainstorm ideas for promotion campaign.
• Share design and technical knowledge with junior designers.
• Perform routine tasks for on-air presentation graphics and VOD services.
• Liaise with relevant parties for collecting/ sharing/ re-versioning project files with the team.
• Standby for live broadcast event (approx. once - twice a year) during non-office hours for immediate channel graphics response.
• Minimum 4 years motion graphics design experience.
• College graduate in graphic/ animation design or equivalent.
• Good at layout, typography and motion design.
• Proficient in After Effect, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Proficient in Cinema 4D is an advantage.
• Good communication skills in written & spoken English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Group International
Fox Network Group operates, develops and distributes internationally (outside of the U.S. market) factual, sports, lifestyle, movie and general entertainment channels in various countries in Europe, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, including Fox Channel, Fox Life, FX, Fox Crime, FOX Traveller, the Voyage Channel, 24 Kitchen, Fox Sports, STAR World, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild and Nat Geo People as well as Chinese language television programming targeted at Chinese-speaking audiences in Asia, including STAR Chinese Movies and STAR Chinese Channel. FNG also operates, develops and distributes internationally Fox-branded nonlinear services, websites and applications known as Fox , Fox Premium, or Fox Play, depending on the region or service.