National GeographicWashington, NY
Full Time Job
The Executive Producer will provide editorial and creative oversight for programming at every step of the process, as well as provide fiscal guidance. He/She must successfully navigate multiple genres from traditional documentary to high-end dramatic scripted vignettes and various other forms of storytelling devices. They must also successfully collaborate with top-tier talent and the highest caliber of storytellers and production companies to enable and support the creation of compelling visual content and brand defining productions. At each step of the way, the Executive Producer will be expected to execute programming at the highest level of premium industry standards. In addition to creative and fiscal oversight, they must also work across all NGP platforms and ensure the most direct and successful communication of the channel's editorial vision for specific shows as well as manage the production and facilitation of multi-platform assets.
* Collaborate with producers to implement the Channel's programming strategy during every phase of production: pre-production, casting, scripting, rough-cuts, fine cut and final delivery. The EP is the principle editorial voice on assigned projects and tasked with maintaining the Channel's core values. Create premium, entertaining and engaging programming that exceeds ratings targets.
* Collaborate with the internal development team to identify top-tier talent from cinematographers, showrunners, writers, to on-air talent, as well as maintain robust relationships with production companies in order to generate new programming ideas for the network. Team up with the development department in reviewing and preparing select pitches for pre-greenlight and greenlight meetings while vetting the creative production plan and weighing in on the proposed budget.
* Work closely with Production Management to maintain highest editorial standards within budgetary requirements. Provide timely feedback to production companies to maintain production schedule and to make sure all contractual obligations are met. Deliver shows that are on budget and schedule.
* Coordinate and effectively communicate across NGP departments (such as NGM and Social) to provide necessary information and materials to drive cross-platform support as well as facilitating the generation of multi-platform assets. Lead the dissemination of such information and material sharing while focused on amplifying the storytelling opportunities surrounding a project. Also, work closely with Research to increase TSV and ratings, and Ad Sales to ensure a revenue focused strategy.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Working Knowledge of Production Budgets and Ability to analyze ratings and other research data to better understand our own programming and the competitive landscape.
* Working Knowledge of computer skills
* Minimum 3 years, high-level, supervisory editorial experience overseeing cable non-fiction program production for production company or cable network.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The National Geographic Channels form the television and production arm of National Geographic Partners, a joint venture between 21st Century Fox and the National Geographic Society. As a global leader in premium science, adventure and exploration programming, the Channels include: National Geographic Channel (NGC), Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo People and Nat Geo MUNDO. Additionally, the Channels also run the in-house television production unit, National Geographic Studios. The Channels contribute to the National Geographic Society's commitment to exploration, conservation and education with entertaining, innovative programming from A-level talent around the world, and with profits that help support the society's mission. Globally, NGC is available in more than 440 million homes in 171 countries and 45 languages, and Nat Geo WILD is available in 131 countries and 38 languages. National Geographic Partners is also a leader in social media, with a fan base of 250 million people across all of its social pages. NGC contributes over 55 million social media fans globally on Facebook alone.