National GeographicWashington, DC
Full Time Job
National Geographic is look for an experienced, detailed-oriented and proactive Executive Assistant . Day to day responsibilities include managing intense workflow and handling multiple project simultaneously, with a focus on both short and long-term planning. Ability to work with spreadsheets and financial information as well as strong communication, both verbal and written, is essential.
• Set and manage daily systems and create efficient processes to insure day-day-day sales business activities and goals achieved.
• Manage the expense forecast, processing invoices, tracking payment, as well as responsible for monthly tracking reports with detail against budget and forecast.
• Manage department and individual schedule working with internal and external contacts.
• Day-to-day support includes booking travel, managing calendars and submitting expenses.
• Special projects and client solutions projects including creating presentations, researching insights, creating reports, planning meetings, etc.
• Minimum 5 years managing activities in a business setting.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Keen understanding of working with financial information and spreadsheets.
• Proficient in PPT, Excel, Word, etc.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The National Geographic Channels form the television and production arm of National Geographic Partners, a joint venture between 21st Century Fox and the National Geographic Society. As a global leader in premium science, adventure and exploration programming, the Channels include: National Geographic Channel (NGC), Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo People and Nat Geo MUNDO. Additionally, the Channels also run the in-house television production unit, National Geographic Studios. The Channels contribute to the National Geographic Society's commitment to exploration, conservation and education with entertaining, innovative programming from A-level talent around the world, and with profits that help support the society's mission. Globally, NGC is available in more than 440 million homes in 171 countries and 45 languages, and Nat Geo WILD is available in 131 countries and 38 languages. National Geographic Partners is also a leader in social media, with a fan base of 250 million people across all of its social pages. NGC contributes over 55 million social media fans globally on Facebook alone.