Sr Assistant Editor
National Geographic PartnersWashington, DC
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Sr. Assistant Editor will train Assistant Editors on SOP's and workflows and provide edit support in a fast-paced post-production environment working on a variety of streaming and content operations final products. Additionally, Sr. Assistant Editor will work closely with the Sr. Manager, Post-Production to ensure raw footage from third party productions as well as in-house productions meet the highest technical standards for editing post-production environment.
• Work closely with Sr. Manager, Post Production to prepare original content.
• Rename, organize, and create proxy files as needed.
• Sync original audio files from peripheral recorders and master WAV files.
• Confirm asset readiness and accuracy prior to edits.
• Identify b-roll selects and create string-outs as requested.
• Make basic editorial decisions within provided guidelines.
• Identify and trouble shoot media discrepancies related to fonts, frame rates, resolution and codecs.
• Manipulate and alter text and graphics within Premiere and After Effects.
• Assist with creation and tracking of project deliverables needed for both regional and domestic air.
• Communicate with Media Management, Engineering, Scheduling, and QC teams throughout for streaming and content edit processes as required.
• Address a variety of QC issues in order to meet quality control standards and end-user requirements.
• Perform isolated media management and project archiving duties as needed.
• Notify engineering of equipment problems and discuss workflow issues.
• Collaborate with team to solve technical problems as needed.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Video/Film Production, Communications or related field is preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of Adobe Premiere editing, working both supervised and unsupervised with clients is a must. Use the link at the bottom of this page to apply. Please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (users may experience issues with Internet Explorer).
• Efficiency in the Adobe Suite, specifically Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder and Photoshop.
• Knowledge of different broadcast and digital formats.
• Must be able to work with a variety of frame rates and video codecs
• Must have basic compression knowledge
• Strong working knowledge with Mac and Windows Operating Systems as well as Microsoft Word/Excel.
• Must have problem-solving skill and perseverance to help resolve technical issues that may arise.
• Must be detail oriented and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
• Must have the ability to work unsupervised.
• Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects with a professional demeanor and prioritize work while under pressure.
• Must have strong customer service/client relation skills.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including split day/evening shift, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with National Geographic Partners, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call National Geographic.
National Geographic Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.