Director of Post-Production
Mustache LLCBrooklyn, NY
Full Time Job
Mustache, a full-service creative content agency located in DUMBO, is seeking a Director of Post Production who perform management and executional oversight duties for the Post Production group. You will report to the Head of Production and the Senior Creative Director of Post Production to drive best-in-class video content output serving the Mustache client roster. You are responsible for driving and supervising all post-production workflows for branded digital, commercial, and long-form broadcast video content in a project or campaign context.
- Functions as operational lead for the Post Production group
- Supervises team inclusive of Post Supervisors, Producers, Editors, Animators, AEs, PAs
- Works in conjunction with Bidding Producer on all video project budgets and timelines
- Participates voice in determining the group's workflow practices for editorial & motion graphics, and its use of project management documents and R&C tracking
- Assumes fiscal responsibility of a project cycle including competitive vendor contract negotiation, team burn rate monitoring, client overage tracking, R&C fee spend, and profit margin benchmarking & actualization
- Works with agency legal counsel as needed in regards to any and all legal compliance specific to the usage of materials
- Manages and mitigates challenges that may arise related to scheduling, assignments and delivery
- Acts as a key player in the organizational structure of the group including recruitment and vetting all departmental talent (both full-time and freelance)
- Supports and nurtures Post Production team member's performance and career development
- Collaborates with cross-department project leads - including project manager, creative director, bidding producer, executive producer - throughout the entire life cycle of a project
- Aides senior management in the overall planning for pipeline projects and supports new business opportunities
- Refines overall Post Production team pipeline related to each active project
- Involves the maintenance of studio space and updating workstations
- Works under the guidance of Senior Creative Director of Post to ensure the execution of the artistic and creative integrity of projects
- Keeps up to date with new post technology and workflows
- 8+ years of Post-Production experience with 5+ years of Post Production supervision
- Substantial experience in leading and managing post teams on project and campaign scale assignments
- Deep understanding of post-production timing, workflow and process
- Excellent time management skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of video production, camera specs and video compression
- Proficient in digital and social media platform best practices for video content
- Knowledgeable of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Organized and well worked under tight and changing deadlines
- Positive and professional attitude at all times
- Efficient problem solver in a video production setting
- Capable of shaping and enforcing efficient process for both live action and animated video content production
- Expert at working with media agencies and trafficking vendors for TV content
- Skilled in planning and deploying remote (and mobile) editing workstations and workflows
- Experienced in launching and scaling temporary or permanent post-production environments in satellite offices a plus
What we offer:
- Salary to commensurate with experience;
- Full-time staff position with paid vacation and holidays;
- Group medical, vision, and dental insurance with 50% employer contribution;
- 401k with company match;
- Growth opportunities and excellent company culture.
Mustache is content - Scripted, Unscripted, Live Action, Animation, Short Form, Long Form, TV, Social Media, Commercial, Branded Content and beyond. Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, Mustache is staffed with a passionate and diverse collection of multi-hyphenate creators and doers, and is uniquely calibrated to craft soup-to-nuts, visually-stunning, imaginative, thoughtful, hilarious content and campaigns for any platform. Born of an instinct to buck tradition and institutional bloat, Mustache's energized team is designed to contend with the biggest dinosaurs in the advertising, digital and entertainment industries.
In 2019, Mustache was acquired by Cognizant Interactive -- a powerful digital experience agency, recognized by AdAge as the #1 digital agency network in the U.S. and the #3 in the world.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online