Synchronization Creative Manager / Director
Music Sales CorporationSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Synchronization Creative Manager / Director (Santa Monica)
Music Sales Corp. is currently seeking a Creative Manager or Director of Synchronization for our Santa Monica office.
• Pitch Music Sales' publishing and master rights catalog for film, television and games.
• Seek, make contact, and meet with the music supervision community for purposes of recommending music, marketing, and securing synchronization licenses.
• Coordinate with publishing and master counterparts on shared master/publishing requests.
• Meet with writers and writer management to update them on projects and better assist in pitching for new opportunities.
• Research film and television production schedules and maintain a list of Network and Studio Slates.
• Represent Music Sales at concerts, showcases, listening parties, mixers, and other industry events.
• Assist with the creative marketing of the catalog via e-mail blasts and other forms of promotion.
• Enter and maintain data in Licensing software on secured placements.
• Able to negotiate and quote on secured pitches, as well as pursue the necessary approvals from third parties, negotiate and quote on incoming quote requests.
• Perform such other duties as reasonably may be required or assigned.
• A minimum of three to five years of experience creating, developing, and maintaining significant relationships in the film and television music community, specifically within music supervision.
• Proactive team player and motivated solution oriented self-starter, able to work diplomatically with internal and external constituents.
• Demonstrate a high level of creativity in music recommendations and projects.
• Passion for film & television music, sound design, visual media, music supervision.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change and improvements within scope of work.
• Understanding of US and international copyright basics.
• Knowledge of music licensing, song research and rights negotiation, synchronization and master use rights.
• Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of Windows and Outlook; knowledge of iMaestro is a plus.
Music Sales Corp. / G. Schirmer Inc. (Music Sales) is a leading independent music publisher with offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Berlin, Paris, Barcelona, Tokyo, Copenhagen, and Sydney. Home to a vast catalog spanning both pop and classical music, Music Sales functions as a full service music publisher and copyright administrator with a focus on promoting and exploiting their copyrights in the film, television and advertising world. The Los Angeles office offers a one-stop shop for music professionals, providing everything from publishing services and music supervision to songwriting and production.
We offer a competitive salary as well as health and dental insurance and enrollment in our company's 401k plan.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online