Creative Director, Promos
MTVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Supervise the concepting and execution of promos for MTV, VH1 & Logo On-Air Creative, from brief to delivery.
• Direct all aspects of On-Air Creative projects from initial green lighting of the assignment through final production and delivery including concept, design, art direction, and production.
• Provide strong leadership and serve as an example for the department by providing inspiration, motivation, guidance, training and management.
• Accurately and effectively channel information and feedback between all team members
• Monitor and give honest assessment of work with constructive criticism and positive reinforcement, Effectively delegate and manage people and resources connected to each project
• Work closely with SVP On-Air on the career paths of junior writers and producers
• Identify problems with projects or within project/team and offer solutions
• Work within the constraints of each individual project’s deadline and budget
• Locate and hire all levels of writers and producers
• Utilize external resources when necessary to achieve the best results for any individual campaign or project
• Minimum 8-10 years experience as a Senior Writer/Producer in on-air promotions
• Must have Strong Writing / Conceptualization skills (Strategic Cornerstone, Event Promotions, etc.)
• Must have strong written & oral communication skills
• Must be able to manage a fast-paced heavy workload