Vice President, Music & Talent - CMT
Full Time Job
The Vice President Music, MTV will work closely with and collaboratively with MTV's Senior Vice President, Music to help reimagine and establish the music brand vision, as well as the implementation of the organization’s strategic direction with our internal and external partners.
Essential Job Duties:
• Serve as an integral voice within the Music & Talent department and the organization at large by collaborating with internal divisions to create a unified and coordinated music strategy.
• Major point of contact for key recording labels and management relationships to ensure proper support and alignment is achieved.
• Leverage opportunities to ensure CMT’s premier position within the country music industry remains at the forefront of music discovery.
• Will Collaborate with internal departments and external partners, serve as the chief architect of comprehensive multi-platform strategic global music initiatives and campaigns to support core and emerging artists, visual content, albums and single release launch plans.
• Talent Producer and key member of the strategy team responsible for managing the creative direction and production of CMT's signature franchises (Next Women in Country, CMT Music Awards, Live at the Vineyard, Crossroads, Artists of the Year, etc.).
• Work with creative to ideate custom-made on and off air creative promotional campaigns that are in line with the overall Music strategy and corporate objectives.
• Supervise the integration of unique music appearances and performances from across network and digital tent poles, specials, live events, series, and social platforms to bring engaging opportunities to the music landscape.
• Manage the Music & Talent team responsible for CMT’s talent relations and strategy inclusive of label relations, artist bookings, and music content.
• Responsible for overseeing from ideation to completion the integration of music and talent for various needs, including, but not limited to: Tentpole events, CMT Hot 20 Countdown, CMT Empowering Education activities, Viacom Upfront, Live at the Vineyard, and Media Days.
• Pitches talent for a variety of cross-platform themed programming on the network.
• Provide strong leadership and serves as an example of the company’s culture and brand by providing inspiration, motivation and guidance to the subordinate staff.
• Empower team through delegation, coaching, mentoring and providing positive challenges.
• Act in an ethical and professional manner at all times, adhering to Viacom’s code of conduct policies.
• Proficient with all common office software products and Aps with the ability to learn new software products as needed.
• Ability to manage conflict effectively.
• Must be willing to travel, work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 7 years of Music/and or Television experience, with escalating responsibility, and a minimum of 5 years of experience with talent/artist relations and artist booking.
• BA/BS degree required.
• Multi-dimensional thinker who exudes composure in high stress situations.
• Must have well-established contacts and good reputation within the music industry.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing a high-volume workload.
• Dynamic personality with an ability to contribute effectively in a team environment.
• Solid negotiation and presentation skills.
• Performance history of driving rapid growth in a high-energy, rapidly-changing, collaborative environment.
• Proven willingness to take chances and be at the forefront of music strategy, whether by type of media or style.
• Keen understanding of consumer trends, especially as they relate to diverse genres, modes of consumption and viewer demographics.
• Ability to clearly articulate brand vision, both externally to the market and internally to the team.
• A strong team builder who understands from experience the intrinsic importance of building and nurturing powerful teams through leadership, management, hiring, and employee retention.
• Strong sense of urgency and executive maturity.
• Proven knowledge of television, music, pop-culture and emerging trends from the past to the present.
• Strong understanding of the CMT brand and programming.
• Prior experience managing subordinate staff members.
• Fluency and proficiency in using MS Office and all commercial web browsers.
• Mobile and Social Network marketing experience a plus.